10

The moment we set foot on the dance floor, A Thousand Years by Christina Perri begins to play.

We stand underneath the beautiful, and elegant chandelier. Underneath it, everything becomes clear and bright.

His eyes are mesmerizing. They're hazel, a mixture of brown and green. The black mask he has on makes it difficult to describe his physical traits, but I'm sure he's just as mesmerizing as his eyes.

His mouth is slightly open, and his eyes seem to be widened. He's shocked.

"You're eyes," we both gasp.

A smile spreads on both of our face and I can feel myself beginning to blush.

"Sorry," I mutter, "you're eyes are beautiful."

He shakes his head, "You're eyes beat mine in the Beauty category by a long shot."

My eyes are a deep shade of blue. They are the color of the ocean, yet I don't find them better looking than the eyes of the guy standing before me.

"I know I asked you to dance, but let me tell you one thing, I don't know how to dance," the guy says and his cheeks begin to turn red out of embarrassment.

I let out a laugh, "What a relief! I don't know how to dance either!"

I turn and begin to make my way towards my table, but before I could get far he grabbed my hand and pulled me back. We are too close to each other. My heart begins to beat rapidly and my stomach begins to do flips.

"I thought you said you didn't know how to dance?" I whisper, yet he manages to hear me.

A smirk forms on his face, "That doesn't mean we can't give it a try. I mean this song, it's getting to me."

I laugh once again, "Just don't cry on me, alright?"

He sniffles, "I'll try."

He looks around to other people dancing professionally. A frown forms on my face as I see someone do turns, and then get pulled back by her partner.

"Since when is dancing so difficult?" I mutter.

"Tell me about it," he says, "I can barely do the Macarena, and that takes no skill."

We both burst out laughing.

So much laughter in one night.

"Here," he says, "I'll place my hands here, and you wrap your arms around my neck."

He places both of his hands on the sides of my waist, and I wrap my arms around his neck. We begin to slowly move with the song.

I look at him, a smile spreading across my face, "Not so hard after all?"

I shake my head, "Not at all."

I close my eyes and rest my head on his chest as I listen to the song.

I have died every day waiting for you
Darling, don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

"Aren't you going to ask me for my name?" I ask, once I realize that we haven't even spoken about each other.

"And take the mystery from all of this? No way!"

I lift my head to look at him, "Ah, so you're the mysterious type of guy?"

He shrugs, "I guess you can say that."

The song ends and I find myself not wanting to break apart. Another song begins to play, but it's not a slow song, or song that I've ever heard of. I unwrap my arms from his neck and he removes his hands from my waist.

We begin to walk towards a table. From the corner of my eyes I notice how his eyes don't lose sight of me.

I sit down, and pull out my phone. He's about to take his seat when suddenly he asks for the time.

"It's barely going to be twelve," I say not understanding why his mood has suddenly changed.

He runs his hand through his hair as he curses. "Dammit, I need to go," he says in a rush. "It was a pleasure meeting you in person Joelle."

My eyes widen not understanding a single thing he's saying, but before I can say anything he rushes into the crowd of people and begins to retreat. In the rush he drops his hat. I stand to retrieve it before it got stepped on, but when I look for the owner, he's nowhere in sight.

Cinderella has officially left the building.

I don't know the guy, how am I supposed to give the hat back?

I'm living a modern day Cinderella story. Who leaves without a proper introduction and goodbye?

I roll my eyes and I sit back on the seat.

It was a pleasure meeting you in person Joelle.

I never told him my name.

meeting you in person...

My eyes widen as I turn my phone on. I open the YouTube app and search for a video, any video that has Ashton Irwin speaking.

It's ridiculous, and long shot even, but I need to get over this suspicion.

I click on the first video that pops out.

I put the phone against my ear, the song that's playing at the moment is too loud and the sound on my phone is too low. Immediately boys begins to speak, none of which sound like the guy I just spoke to, their accent, though, do sound somewhat alike.

I wait, and listen closely.

"What do you think Ashton?"

I feel my heart beginning to beat rapidly against my chest.

"Well, I just feel the guys are right. We've been on the road for-"

My phone slips out of my hand, and my mouth drops.

That's him. That's the guy.

The only person that I haven't met personally, the only person I told about this dance, the only person I know who claims to be Ashton Irwin, it's Fletcher.

He was never lying.

He's been telling the truth all along.

___________

an

how was this chapter?