5

The sun's light shines through my window making it impossible for me to continue with my sleep.

Why can't the stupid curtains serve their purpose?

I go downstairs and hear noise coming from the kitchen. I go in there only to see that my mom is already making breakfast.

"Where's dad?" I ask leaning on the small island in the middle of the kitchen.

She turns and smiles, "Well good morning to you too, Jo. He worked today," she answers.

I smile, "Good morning mom."

She goes back to making pancakes and I stand in silence. I remember about the party and make it my goal to ask her now before I forget.

"Hey, can I sleep over at Ivy's?"

She stops and turns towards me. She has a troubled expression which means that a 'no' is coming my way.

"You'll have to ask your dad," she says.

I nod, yep that's a no.

We eat breakfast and talk about things that have been going on. Same old boring conversations at the table. After we're done, she goes into the kitchen, and I go up to my room.

My mom said I can't go tonight -Joelle

As expected, Ivy responds immediately. The girl lives on her phone. Her life consists of Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter, and a bunch of other social media.

Idk what you're going to do, but you're going to that party tonight -Ivy

I put my phone down and go to my closet. Even though it's not even near time to get ready, I look for something to wear for tonight.

I take out my best pair of jeans, and a blue t-shirt.

Nothing special. Nothing extravagant.

Just plain old me.

I change into the clothes, and let myself fall on the bed.

I pull my phone out, only to see that I have nothing.

I have a mental battle on whether or not I should bother the one person who can easily bother me.

I pull open the Wattpad app, right when I'm about to send a message I hold back and decide to do something before I send the message.

I go to his profile only to see that he's changed his profile picture, but only to another picture of Ashton Irwin. Besides that, everything remains the same.

He's still hiding and I still don't even know how he looks.

I delete the message and close the app. Just like that, I'm upset. He doesn't even have to say anything to get me upset.

I look at the ceiling and just stare at it like a crazy person.

* * *

I hadn't realized that I had fallen asleep until my phone's ringer wakes me up.

I have a bad taste in my mouth, my eyes are blinded by the light, and I still feel really tired. A yawn escapes my mouth, and I stretch, as I try to get more alert.

I check my phone.

Him; where's the update?

Him; damn i never thought i would say that

I roll my eyes. This is his lame attempt to start a conversation. Since I haven't updated, he doesn't exactly have a reason to message me.

He doesn't even acknowledge the fact that I have made my profile real, the most real it's ever been. More real than his will ever be.

Him; p.s. the picture you put is breathtaking. if that's really you, then you're hot (:

I guess I spoke too soon. There's still a frown on my face, this guy can get me so irritated. No one has ever gotten me this upset.

Me; there's no update for today or most likely not tomorrow either. if you wanted to start a convo how about a simple "hi." And yes that's really me, im not a fake like you. im also not stubborn & actually took your advice

Him; so you're going to be busy?

Out of everything I said? I run my hand through my hair.

Me; yea ... I'm going to a party with my best friend

Him; high school?

Me; yep

Him; have you not read any of the books on here?!

Me; yea, but I actually have a brain

Him; see, that's what they all say. then they come back knocked up

If he really knew me, then he'd know that the only reason I'm going is to babysit Ivy. That's the only reason she ever invites me to events that have alcoholic drinks, and illegal substances.

This just proves how much of a stranger we are to each other.

Me; aw, are you worried about me?

Him; no.

Ouch. That actually hurt.

Me; k

Him; all im trying to say is that those kinds of events always go wrong.

Me; well then i'll just have to wait and see

Him; why experience it, when you can avoid it?

For someone who claims to not care, he sure is showing a lot of interest. Out of anger I type a whole paragraph full of hate towards the guy. I'm about to send it when I get a text from Ivy telling me that she's waiting outside.

I get up from the bed, and lock the door. I walk back in front of the window, and delete the long paragraph. Instead I type something fast and easy.

Me; I have to go. I'll text you as soon as I get back to let you know whether or not I let someone "knock me up"

Me; pray for me(;

I place my phone inside my back pocket, and exit my house through the window.

I'm really hoping Ashton, or whatever his name is, is wrong.

Nothing is going to go wrong, not tonight at least.

I jump inside Ivy's car. Then a smiling Ivy drives away taking me to the party I find myself dreading to arrive to.