9

an

hope you all like...

--------------

More than twenty four hours have passed since the last time I texted Fletcher.

It's been seven days to be exact.

Seven days since we've spoken, seven days of solitude, seven days filled with nothing but pure boredom.

On a much, much brighter side, today is the day.

After a long week of preparations, and endless shopping, Ivy and me are finally ready to go to the dance.

Both Ivy and I don't have dates, but she's convinced that the minute we set foot in the place, guys will pile up and we'd be given the privilege to choose among the many.

That's the thing about Ivy, she has a big imagination.

I feel overwhelmed with excitement. The mystery behind a masquerade dance is amazing. Putting on a mask and not being able to distinguish anyone, there's just something interesting about that. Hiding behind a mask feels just as great.

Just when I'm walking out of the salon, my phone rings.

"Hey, are you ready?" I ask.

Ivy shrieks on the other line, "Yes! They did an amazing job on my hair! I'm so excited beyond belief!"

"That's good," I say with a smile on my face.

"How did your hair come out?"

I look over at my mom who's looking at me with a huge smile on her face. "My mom likes it."

Ivy gets quiet. "I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing."

I laugh, "You'll just have to wait and see."

* * *

Ivy walks through the door carrying both of our dresses.

She lets out a shriek when she sees my hair. It's nothing special really, in fact I don't even know what it's called. I saw a picture of a specific hairstyle and decided I wanted my hair to look just like it. It's simply curled with some of it tied back.

"I'm so excited for tonight! How are you not excited! Oh my gosh, I'm so going to have a blast, it's going to be fun!" she's ranting, and I choose to ignore most of the things she's saying.

Ivy lets herself fall on her seat and I go to my room leaving her to deal with her heightened emotions on her own.
My phone vibrates in my pocket. I pull it out, and my eyes widen.

I feel my heart stop for a minute. My face begins to get warm as I hesitate to answer.

It's been a week, I'll only look stupid if I answer forty eight seconds after receiving the meesage.

After a long internal battle, I decide to open the Wattpad app.

Fletcher; did ya miss me?

I have a frown on my face, and I find myself rolling my eyes.

Me; no

Fletcher; oh ... shut up, you missed me

Me; i didn't

Me; i have to get ready for the dance. I'll talk to you in about a week, or at least until i get a boyfriend.

It's when I send the message that I realize and register what I just sent. Can I be any more obvious?

Fletcher; oh i see what's going on here.

Me; nothing's going on

Fletcher; you're mad that i didn't get back to you soon, huh? that it took me a week to talk to you?