12

Although, I thought I'd be mentally prepared to accept the Australian before me, I'm a complete mess.

He is  Ashton Irwin, the guy I've been messaging on Wattpad, the drummer of the worldwide famous band 5 Seconds of Summer. He's the same guy who's driven me insane with sly remarks, and unwanted comments.

He's my friend Fletcher.

It's really him.

"I was worried that you're name was really Fletcher," I say as I back up into my seat.

He leans back on his chair as well, and shrugs. "It's my middle name, and it's very manly if I do say so myself."

I raise my eyebrows, "Sure, whatever floats your boat I guess."

"I don't get it," he mumbles.

"What?" I ask, intrigued at what he has to say.

"You just found out that I'm the guy whom you're writing a fan fiction about, the same guy that so happens to be the drummer of a band that is rising to stardom, and you're acting and treating me as if I'm an ordinary individual."

I shake my head and laugh, "Oh don't start getting the wrong idea buddy. I'm freaking out, I'm going insane to be honest. There's a large number of fan girls surrounding us, hence why I'm holding back. Trust me, I don't want to ruin the little time I have left with you."

I surprise myself with my honesty. It's true, after he leaves, this is all going to feel like a dream. I am going to convince myself that this was all a creation of my imagination, and sign me up at our local mental institution where I will spend the remainder of my sad and lonely days.

A smile begins to creep on to his face. "You want to savor these precious moments, now do you?"

I furrow my eyebrows and prepare myself to go against whatever he says, but he interrupts me.

"I don't know about you, but I don't like the fact that we're speaking low, plus it's a matter of time before they turn the music back on."

I look at him, "what are you proposing?"

"Let's take a walk," he says as he begins to get up.

I stand as well.

"I'll go get us some drinks, I'll meet you by the fountain, alright?"

He waits for my response. I nod and he begins to walk away.

"As-Fletcher, I mean," he freezes then turns to look at me, "try not to speak, people will probably recognize you."

A smirk appears on his face as he nods, "alright," he says and then goes back to get us those drinks.

I walk out through the back door, and to my complete and utter amazement, there's barely any people out here. Sure I see a couple every now and then as I make my way towards the fountain, but not as many as I expected.

There's a huge garden full of bushes, roses, and all kinds of beautiful plants surrounding the fountain.

"What are you doing Joelle?"

I freeze the moment I hear the voice.

It's not Ashton, it's Noah.

Unlike Ashton's, I recognize Noah's voice the moment I hear it.

A lump forms in my throat, "What do you want?"

He's drunk, very very drunk. The way he speaks and moves makes it clear that he's quite a few drinks for night.

"What are you doing? Dancing around with some random kid?"

He walks closer to me, and I back away, "Stay away Noah."

"Why are ruining this bet? Do you know how much cash is on the line at the moment?"

He doesn't bother being subtle, I guess that's the effect of alcohol. It heightens the unimportant things.

"Do you believe I'll lose a great chunk of money because of you?" Noah scoffs, "Screw the money, I can have whatever girl in this school, and you're not going to be the exception. You're the lowest of low-"

In a swift movement, Noah pulls me against him and kisses me. His kiss is harsh, and invasive. I struggle against his grip and try to pull away but it's impossible.

Tears begins to stream down my cheek as I take in the fact that he's stolen my first kiss.

His hands move to my bottom, and he squeezes it. I continue to fight, but he's too strong.

Suddenly, I'm pulled away from Noah. I sob uncontrollably as I land behind Ashton.

In a matter of seconds, Noah attacks Ashton. Acting in self defense, Ashton begins to throw punches, as well as Noah. Out of the plenty punches that he throws, many land on Ashton, but only one lands on the face.

His cheek to be exact.

Ashton's head turns to the side at the impact.

I let out a scream.

Where is everyone? It's like they've disappeared out of the face of the earth.

Ashton pauses and is taking a deep breaths.

Noah is messed up. He has the disadvantage of being drunk, but also having little to no experience in fighting

Out of no where, Ashton's swings his arm and punches Noah on the jaw. Noah is knocked out cold.

Ashton turns towards me, a bruise beginning to appear on his cheek.

"I just fought for you, that has to mean something," he says through heavy breaths, his lames attempt to lighten up the mood.

I let out a choked up laugh, in spite of everything, I'm just glad he's okay.