16

A S H T O N

The interview drags along. I wait for it to be over, and just when I was getting excited for this to be over, I am reminded that there's still one hour remaining.

Its time for the Q&A, but first we need to let the crowd inside. This is the most nerve-wraking part for the celebrity guests. They never know whether or not they're going to be cheered on or booed at.

"So let's let the crowd in. Hopefully they like you all," Alexis says.

What most people like about Alexis' show is the fact that the crowd is completely oblivious as to who her guests are going to be, and the thing about Alexis, she's very unpredictable. One can never guess who she's going to have on her show.

First the celebrity guests are introduced, which we've already done, and Alexis bonds with them, in this case she's been flirting with us throughout the show, and then she lets the audience in.

There's always different reactions. Some people squeal, others let out their disappointment in comments such as, This is what I've been waiting for? What a waste.

Michael claps his hands and sits up straight on his seat, "Let's let them in."

I let out a sigh, as we all turn towards the double door. The guard in front of the large black door gives us a nod as if saying good luck, and then opens them.

I girl walks in and the minute her eyes land on us, she lets out a piercing scream, "It's 5 Seconds of Summer!"

After that, there's a large roar in the crowd as they all struggle to get through. We remain seated as they all take their seats.

The first row of seats are like a good thirty feet away from where we are at. The guards in front of the set stand firmly as if the crowd is going to attack us at any given time.

We all stand, except for Alexis, and smile and wave at the screaming girls and guys. Some are crying, others scream, but lets not avoid the obvious, there are some in the crowd that are clearly not pleased

The good thing is that they're only a few.

Alexis clears her throat, clearly not happy about the fact that the attention was not on her. "Okay, guys lets quiet up." She speaks a little louder and the crowd gets the hint. They all sit down and look at us through widened eyes.

We all take our seats and now all the attention is on Alexis.

"So, we'll start Q&A after the break," Alexis says and we all get our break.

We stand once again and while the guys catch up with Alexis, I go over to the fans. They all scream even louder as they try to touch me. I wave and even shake hands with some.

I feel like the president.

I go backstage and take my phone out. It hadn't vibrated, not even once, throughout the interview.

Me; how'd you like the I interview so far?

She'd obviously been waiting for me to text cause she answers almost immediately.

Jo; hate it & obviously you do too

Me; can't wait for it to be over.

Jo; same.

I hear the buzzer go off and I hurry over to the stage. I'm typing my message when I bump into someone.

"Oops, I'm sorr-"

I'm not able to finish my sentence because suddenly I'm being pulled, and before I can react, someone's lips are on mine. My eyes widen and my phone slips out of my hand.

The kiss is fierce, as our lips move in sync. I make no effort to get away.

When we part, I clear my throat.

"That was so worth it," Alexis says as she wipes her mouth and walks away to get to the set.

I pick my phone and curse when I see the screen is now cracked.

We take our seats and I ignore the giddy facial expressions that Alexis is making and avoid eye contact with her.

"Before our Q&A, lets see what happened after the break," Alexis says as her cheeks begin to turn red.

There's mumbling in the crowd, and my eyebrows furrow. Alexis has never showed backstage footage.

It's after a video starts playing that I finally understand what she's talking about. My mouth drops and my eyes widen out of complete disbelief.

The video of Alexis and me kissing is playing. It started with me looking at my phone, and then Alexis pulling me into a kiss.

Did people not see that she's the one who pulled me? She's the one who kissed me? That's not cute

There's gasps and awws in the crowd only making me feel worse.

"Wow, you go Ashton," Michael says as he laughs, his eyes still glued onto the screen.

The clip finishes and the room gets silent. There's not a single sound coming from the audience.

I look over at Alexis who's beaming with complete excitement and joy.

My mouth is still wide open and my eyebrows furrowed.

Alexis claps her hands, "Lets start with the Q&A shall we?"

I scoff, not able to comprehend how easily she's taking this.

She looks over at me, still a wide smile on her face, "Is there something wrong Ashton?"

I don't know if she's really confused, or just plain stupid.

Michael elbows me for the one millionth time today, but unlike the other times, I ignore him. "Uh, yeah there is," I speak and feel Michael glaring at me.

The happiness in Alexis' face begins to disappear. "I'm sorry, please elaborate."

The rooms is too silent, and I feel everyone's eyes on me.

Michael elbows me so hard that pain shoots through my side. "Will you stop that!?" I get on my feet.

It's too late now, so I'm going to make it worth it.

"I'm so sick of you all trying to control me. Something gets screwed, it's Ashton's fault. I make a mistake and suddenly I'm the bad one. I'm Ashton Irwin, I'm supposed to be the perfect one, and witness the other three screw up and live life to the fullest while I take care of them. Oh, but God forbid that Ashton messes up, because then he'll earn a one way ticket to Hell. You all don't treat me like a friend, more like a fricken adult that's only here to babysit," the guys are shocked, and have nothing to say, "as for you, Alexis, I don't know what's going through your mind. Maybe that by you giving us a second chance I'll probably end up with you? I'm sorry but I didn't ask for this second chance, you gave it to us-"

"But the kiss-"

"Again, I didn't ask for it, and I didn't want it-"

"You kissed me!"

"I didn't! Role the clip," I order.

To my surprise, they rolled the clip. It starts to play and i immediately ask them to pause it.

"See there," I say, now talking to the audience, "I was just texting Joelle, having the time of my life, complaining to her on how crappy this interview is when suddenly-" I pause, the people get the hint and play the video, "Stop!" The video shows the part where Alexis pulls me into a kiss, and makes me drop my phone, "See that! She kissed me. So, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to leave."

People stand and begin to clap. A large smile appears on my face as I bow. "Thank you all and I love you!" I make my dramatic exit and imagine Jo laughing while she watches this.

I take my phone out of my pocket and my smile disappears. I have one text from her, and it's not what I was expecting.

Jo; ... 100%

With the sudden turn of events, I can't even celebrate my grand finale nor the fact that I'm one of Jo's celebrity crushes.

I was that 1%.