4

This book is doing a lot better than my other books.. Didn't think people would even want to read this...

Thank you sm

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •

I don't answer his message. I rather use the element of surprise on him and then see how he'll react. Instead of using my energy in coming up with a comback, I decide to use it to come up with a chapter that will not only get more people to enjoy my writing but to get luckydrummer18 off my back.

You see, I used to write out of fun, enjoyment, I still do, but now I feel like I'm writing to prove a point.

I still enjoy writing, I really do, but it's more about making a statement and proving that within this petite form of mine there's potential.

I publish my seventh chapter feeling quite proud of myself.

I've never really did have confidence in my writing. Everything I wrote would only be in my journals for only my eyes to see. Not a single soul is, or ever was, allowed to read my journals.

When I did get enough confidence to publish my book onto Wattpad, my name under the account was, and still is, Eden. It's really not my name, but a great number of people at my school are really into Wattpad, and well I don't want them to know that I'm an author on here. My picture is, obviously, not one of me. Instead of a picture of me, and before the Ashton Irwin picture, I had one of the sky. Just a normal light blue, white puffy clouds in the sky picture.

Even though I believed that my stories would be great, that's not what I expected others to think. Instead I always expect the worse. They'll hate my stories and think that a twelve year has written them.

After I decided to put my story as an Ashton Irwin fan fiction, I also decided that it would only be logical if I changed my profile picture to one of Ashton Irwin.

Up to now, it's worked fine. Changing my story into a fan fiction, I mean.

I believe Ashton has managed to get my story noticed up to a certain extent. I mean, if my story is genuinely stupid and badly-written, then my reads wouldn't increase. They would slowly decrease, if not rapidly.

Right?

Okay, I admit. My story isn't famous, not yet at least. The most I've gotten in reads per chapter is about twenty, but that's something.

It's better than ten reads for an entire book of five chapters.

Hence why I feel Ashton has helped a lot.

I wait.

I stare at my locked iPhone's screen, waiting for a notification.

Ten minutes go by, and there's nothing.

Thirty minutes.

Thirty nine minutes.

Forty five minutes.

An hour.

I find myself unable to find an explanation as to why I feel so disappointed that I haven't gotten anything.

Well, I have gotten something, but it's not the thing I want. I've already gotten comments, I've already gotten votes, but they're not from the person I want them to be from.

I'm not waiting for an ordinary notification. I'm waiting for a comment notification that'll let me know that he has commented.

I get off my bed and go do the chores of the house. Sweeping, mopping, dusting, everything. I tiptoe towards my mom's room, and slowly open the door, only to see that she's in bed asleep.