20

Joelle

"Well that was quite a performance," Alexis states, "such emotion." She's at a loss of words, and can't seem to find a way to get rid of the tension within the set.

The only ones oblivious to the tension is the audience.

"This is ugly," Ivy mutters, captivated by the drama, "it's clear that Alexis had no idea Ashton was even writing songs."

She didn't.

Analizing every aspect of Alexis' emotions, it's clear she can't relate to the song at any level. The song has no relevance nor symbolism of Alexis.

Luke lets out a laugh, "Ashton has always been good with these kinds of songs."

"So it seems," Alexis mutters only adding to the heavy tension, "Okay! Well the show has come to an end, sadly. Hope you all, my loves, have enjoyed today's performance by the infamous band 5 Seconds of Summer. Let's have a round of applause for these amazing guys, my boyfriend included. Ho-"

Ivy turns the tv off and looks at me through widened eyes. "That was so daring,"she mumbles.

I let out a sigh, "I know, tell me about it."

Ivy grabs my shoulders, "Jo, this was for you! From eveything you've told me, this is for you!" She shakes me as she begins to freak out.

I pull away from her grip, and glare at her, "Stop it Ivy! This doesn't change anything. He's never bothered to contact me, it's been 3 fricken months and he never did and still hasn't. This is just a load of pity crap from his behalf."

Ivy frowns, "Alright, I'm sorry." She's completely bothered and unwilling to just let it go, but still understands.

"Ivy, it's late. You should get home..."

Ivy lies down once again, "I think I'll stay. You're parents aren't here, someone needs to keep you company for the next couple of months."

I shake my head, "Oh no, no, no! You're not staying here everyday."

She looks at my with a smirk, and I let out a sigh, "But I mean, I guess we'll take it one day at a time."

Ivy laughs and turns the tv on once again. The show has ended, and a scheduled series has begun. I stand from the bed, and look underneath it. I pull my laptop out and sit on the bed once again.

Ivy watches me as the screen flashes. She waits a moment, and then speaks.

"It's come back?"

A smile forms on my face, "Oh yeah, my inspiration is back."

----------

Ashton

"And we're off, good job everyone!" the camera man yells, and everyone begins to leave their posts.

Sweat glides down my face, and I am quick to wipe it. All of us are sweaty, and breathing heavily.

I wait for the guys to start some arguments, but instead they all either smile or let out a dry laugh.

"Good job everyone," I finally say and the three turn to look at me.

Calum smiles, "That was pretty daring Ash."

Lukes nods with his eyes widened, "Yeah, what was the word? Spontaneous?"

They all laugh, "We just have to give the people a reason to watch, ya know? Something unexpected so they'll be surprised, plus it looks good on us."

"We killed that song," Michael finally speaks, "remind me to thank Alexis for such an awesome song."

I press my lips together, and attempt to look at anyone but Michael. Rather than looking at a wall, I look at Calum. He looks at me as if analyzing me, and instantly I know he knows the song goes way deeper than Alexis. I take in a deep breath and wait for him to rat me out, but instead he reasons silent.

I open my eyes, and he gives me a smirk before going backstage.

Michael slaps my back and I wince. "What now Buddy?" Are you ready to come out of hiding? After that great performance, the fans are going to want much more."

I press my lips together, not sure what to respond. It took much of my strength to write this one song. I had to revisit the few moments Jo and I shared together, and the long online conversations we had to make this song happen. I'm not too sure I want to go through that once again, but I'm also not sure if I'll ever have enough inspiration to write a great song without her.

"I-uh-"

"Ashton, Babe, can we talk for moment?" someone interrupts.

Alexis stands behind me with her arms crossed across her chest, and though she speaks in a soft tone I know I'm in trouble.

I nod and follow her backstage. "What's going on?" I ask competent innocently.

Alexis rolls her eyes, "I know that whatever we have, has only been in my head and I've tried to ignore it for a while. Ashton, let's be real, that song wasn't for me."

She waits silently, but I say nothing.

She sighs, "Before you break up with me and run into another girl's arms. I would like respectfully request that you put that on hold until tomorrow's gala. I'm going to be a presenter and I don't want anyone to look at me as a loser for not being able to hold on to my boyfriend."

This time, I sigh, "I'm sorry Alexis. I tried to get this to work. Those three months were supposed to help me move on with you. I'll wait until then, I really do apologize."

Alexis smiles. "Thank you Ashton."

I give her a hug and walk away.

I guess Alexis isn't that witch people pin her out to be.