Chapter Two

Rebekah arrives to the Mikealson Mansion in New Orleans. She was on the phone, leaving a message, "Elijah, if not answering your phone is part of you clever plan to get me back to this god forsaken city, then well done. I'm here, and I'm worried. Now pick up before I kick in your bloody door." She rants into the phone to Elijah.

Rebekah enters the home, not bothering to knock. She sees Hayley, who was on the stairs holding a fire iron thinking someone was breaking in.

"Who the hell are you?" Hayley questions, on edge.

Rebekah doesn't even bat an eye at the aggressive tone Hayley was using, "Oh, you must be the maid. My bags are in the car- get them , will you?" Rebekah says to her.

Hayley gives her a wryly smile, before putting down the iron poker slightly, "Hello. Not the maid." Hayley tells her.

"Right. you're that werewolf girl that's Linked to our Clara. I was expecting to see her with some sort of supernatural miracle baby bump. I do hope she's showing. Is she here? It's Hayley Isn't it?" Rebekha questions.

Hayley slowly walks down the stairs, "She's upstairs. You have your brother's manners." Hayley comments.

"And his tempter, too. So watch it. Where's Elijah" Rebekah asks, glancing around as Hayley steps off the stairs.

Hayley shrugs, "Beats me. He's long gone." she tells Rebekah.

Rebekah snaps her attention to Hayley, "What do you mean, 'long gone'?" she questions.

Hayley crosses her arms, "Well, one minute he's making epic promises about protecting Clara and I. He was all poetic about how we're family, then Klaus told us that he bailed. So much for trusting a vampire." Hayley explains.

Rebekah narrows her eyes in suspicion, "Elijah is not just any vampire, and he doesn't break promises. Which means Niklaus has done something dastardly and  Klaus-like." she says in speculation before turning away from Hayley. "Klaus! Get out here and tell me what you've done with our brother, you narcissistic, backstabbing wanker!" she shouts.

Rushing footsteps could be heard from upstairs, while two doors downstairs open, revealing Klaus. "Enough with shouting. Little sister, I should of known. I assume the six dead vampires were your doing?" Klaus questions her.

Rebekah rolls her eyes, "They were very rude." she retorts.

The footsteps grow louder as they come down the stairs. Clara comes into the view. "Rebekah."?" she questions in shock but then rushes the way to hug the blonde vampire.

"Oh Clara!" Rebekah hugs her, then pulls away, holding her at arm's length, "Oh, you aren't showing. How disappointing." Rebekah comments, causing Clara to laugh.

--------------

Rebekah and Nik go to talk in private, leaving Hayley and I to wait for them. We took a seat on the stairs landing just relaxing in each others silence, hearing muffled conversations of the two through the door.

The door opens, Nik followed by Rebekah exit the room, but still in conversation as neither of them acknowledge us. 

"Elijah told me about your plan to take apart Marcel's empire piece by piece. I don't remember it involving you two drinking New Orleans dry together." Rebekah sasses her brother.

Nik faces her, "I know you don't have many friends, Rebekah, but what some friends do when they get together is they drink. And when they drink, they tell secrets. Marcel has somehow found a way to control the entirety of the witches in the Quarter, and I aim to uncover the 'how' so I might take it for myself. Finding Elijah didn''t make my to-do list today." Nik says than leaves.