Chapter Eighteen

"I don't understand why you want an alliance with, her." I say to Nik, as I get ready for the Feast of Blessings.

"Because we need a powerful witch on our side." Nik tries to convince me. I look at him through the mirror unconvinced. He sighs, "Okay, I need a witch on my side." he corrects himself.

"Okay, again I ask," I turn in my seat to look at Nik, "Why her?" I question.

"Because, Genevieve actually likes me, and is willing to work with me." he explains.

I roll my eyes. "Yes, she likes you, a little bit to much might I add." I bring up, turning back around.

"Come now love, you aren't jealous of her, are you?" Nik asks me. I glare at him in the mirror to see a smirk on his face.

"No, of course not. I'm only carrying your child, while a half naked witch flaunts herself to you almost everyday." I tell him a bit sarcastically, before applying my lip gloss.

"Exactly." Nik says, causing me to look at him through the reflection as he walks towards me. "You, are carrying my child. You are my priority. This alliance is only helping me with possible protection." Nik tells me sincerely, placing his hands on my arms as he leans so he was looking at me through the mirror right beside me.

"I get that Nik. I just-" I pause, turning to look at him, who was only a few inches from me. "I don't trust her. But, if you trust her, I can look past it." I whisper to him.

He gives a smile, then gives me a sweet kiss on the cheek. "Look on the bright side. You have Davina in your corner. So if you have any witchy request you can ask her and not Genevieve." he jokes.

"Speaking of Davina." I say, getting up, and grabbing a small box from my night stand. "I have a gift for her for the Feast of Blessings, but I still need an escort." I say, giving him a knowing smile.

He chuckles softly, "It would be my honor to escort you." he tells me, his charming smirk returning.

---------------------------

Night came, and the parade for the Feast of Blessings arrived. The witches were marching down the street while the 3 Harvest girls, Monique, Davina, and Abigail, were all hoisted in thrones above the rest.

The 3 girls were leading to a stage, and the crowd cheers. I turn to see Nik's reaction, to see him no longer by my side. 'So much for an escort' I thought to myself with a small eye roll. I watch as Monique created a small earthquake, Abigail cause the wind to blow through the crowd, and Davina created fire, causing fireworks to soar into the air making the crowd cheer louder in excitement.

I spot Hayley once the tourists of the crowd leave. "Hayley!" I call out, making my way to her.

I gain her attention, and she met me halfway. "Hey I thought you were going to be here with Klaus?" she asks as she hugs me.

Separating, I roll my eyes, "So did I. He bailed and left me alone, so now, how would you like to be my date for this event?" I ask her, with a smile.

She gives me a mischievous smile, "I would love to Clara. Who needs boys, when you have best friends." she replies, linking our arms together as we make our way to the party.

"Exactly." I respond as we enter the French quarter that was decked out for the celebration.

As we enter we are immediately greeted by Elijah. "Strange. I thought you'd both be in the company of more... colorful friends." he greets with a smile.

"Oh. You asked for a represented for the werewolves, so take me or leave me." Hayley shrugs.

"And I'm here as support for werewolves and witches. So why don't we all just have a good time." I suggest and he just nods, smiling to us both, joining us as we continue into the feast.