Chapter Twenty

Today was the funeral for Father Kieran. It was an open casket. Everyone showed their respects. Clara comforted the crying Cami. The vampire and witches were respectful during the services.

Klaus arrived late, softly greeting Cami and Clara who sat in the front row. He approached the coffin once he noticed it was closed. Opening it confused, he was greeted with a baby inside.

The baby cooed, causing Klaus to crack a smile. "Hi." he says softly to the baby, going to pick it up.

But he's stopped by a stake stabbing into him, causing blood to leave his mouth, as he gasps in pain. Slowly turning around, he comes face to face with Mikeal, who had Clara in his grasp. Fear in Klaus' eyes.

"Greetings, boy." Mikeal says as he stabs Clara in the heart from behind. Clara chokes on her blood as she falls.

Klaus wakes up with a start. Breathing heavily in fear and pain. He turns around to see Clara asleep peacefully. Alive. It was only a nightmare.

-------------------------------

Being at Father Kieran's wake was numbing. I didn't know the man well, but Cami and I were sort of close so I came to support her. But I just felt drained. Maybe its just cause I've been to so many of these in my life. Or maybe it was because of all that's happened in the bayou.

I was sitting with Nik sort of spaced out seeing as I couldn't  drink like all of the people here. I snapped back to when I hear Nik say "Cheers, Mikeal. Impeccable Freudian timing."

I notice that Elijah had joined us. "Elaborate." Elijah says a bit stunned.

A sliver of fear goes through me remembering the party and him compelling me. "Have you dreamt of our father?" Elijah questions, when Nik didn't reply.

Nik rolls his eyes, "Go ahead, have a good laugh." Nik retorts annoyed.

"I can assure you there is no piece of this that I find even remotely amusing Niklaus. Especially considering I've been dreaming of him too." Elijah says rather on edge.

"What?" Nik questions rather softly. I don't have a good feeling about this.

"If you are also seeing him..." Elijah says trying to figure it out. As he pauses he looks towards the crowd of people, "Perhaps over elusive, unknown enemy is orchestrating a further attack." he continues to stare off.

I look over to see Genevieve. "Well, then. What better way to pentacle a day of peace by killing someone." Nik says. 

I hum in approval, looking back towards the 3. "I'm not stopping you." I mumble, as Nik puts his arm over my shoulders. I look back towards the red head, giving her a small smile, and wave, which she returns.

----------------------------

Nik and Elijah leave Hayley and I to deal with Genevieve as the night went on. Not much later heading home as Hayley goes to deal with Francesca. Walking towards the compound felt longer than normal. At one point I felt weird and off. Not like normal, but close to when Bonnie tapped into my magic, but it was gone so suddenly. I brush it off and continue on.

----------------------

The funeral parade was today and if it weren't for the questionable witches and vampires around I wouldn't have gone. But here I was between Nik and Elijah walking on in all black. "You alright? You, look..." Elijah hesitantly asks.

"A hundred weeks pregnant and very tired?" I suggest looking towards him.

Elijah smiles, "I was going to say, you look lovely." he compliments, causing me to crack a smile and scoff a laugh.