Chapter Thirteen

First thing in the morning, the last thing you wanna see is a dead body. More so being the first person to find the body. "Guys!" I shout to get anyone's attention. Laying in the compound was a guy in a bloodied suit, in the same circle that Rebekah was in the day before.

Diego appears at my side and stares at the body, "Shit." is all he says before pulling out his phone.

"Uh, we got a special delivery." he says into the phone. "Either our witch problems are over, or they're just getting started." he explains, then puts his phone away.

"Who did you call?" I ask, still shaken by the dead witch.

"Klaus, he should be here soon." he reassures me. Not long later, Nik, Elijah, and Marcel come to see the dead witch. Nik, despite seeming frustrated by the body, come to my side and hugs me with no question.

My body relaxes and I hug him back, not realizing how much I needed this. "Can I get you anything, brother? A magnifying glass? A pipe perhaps." Nik says to his brother sarcastically. I look over my shoulder and see Elijah crouched down, looking over the witch.

"You have a theory you'd like to share with us, Niklaus?" Elijah questions, looking towards us.

"Back in the day, the witches wanted to send a threat, they'd just kill a chicken and leave it on your doorstep." Marcel brings up.

"Some chicken." I say, glancing back at the body, still holding on to Nik.

"Yes, it is a rather large and ominous chicken, wouldn't you say?" Elijah agrees, standing from his examination.

Nik drops an arm from his hold on me, but leaves his other on my back. "Papa Tunde defeated Rebekah with ease, almost get the two of us as well. If he was supposed to be the prize fighter, why leave him for dead in our front yard?" Nik questions.

Rebekah enters and joins our group, "Well, don't you look cheery. Listen to this- A girl literally exploded from a grave today as Sabine was giving a tour of the city of the dead. It was Monique Deveraux." Rebekah tells us.

" What?" Nik asks, confused.

"As in the harvest girl?" I ask, and she nods.

"The tourists thought it was part of the slow, but the witches are celebrating like it's some kind of bloody miracle." Rebekah explains further.

"Maybe it is. They think that all hope is lost, but now suddenly a Harvest girl is resurrected. This is how we're gonna get Davina back- kill the witch who took her place." Marcel tells us hopefully.

"I have a theory about who one of them could be." Hayley says as she enters the room, "Celeste. I mean, it's got to be. Davina was trying to tell us, she was drawing pictures of Celeste. She was warning us that a great evil was coming." she explains to us.

"First, Papa Tunde returns to settle old scores, now your murdered lover is back. This isn't witches attacking vampires. They're declaring war on us." Nik tells us.

------------------------

Rebekah takes Hayley and I to the plantation house for protection. "I thought I was gonna have to drag one of you to the plantation, kicking and screaming." Rebekah jokes.

I give her a smile, "Yeah, well we all just wanna protect me and the baby, right?" I tell her.

"Yeah, I'm just here to keep then safe." Hayley says, a bit unconvincingly.

Rebekah raises an eyebrow at that, "Hey, I'm on your side, remember? So what gives?" she asks Hayley.

Hayley sighs, "Tonight's a full moon, Rebekah." she admits to us.