Chapter Twenty-Two

A group of witches drug Clara and Hayley into St. Anne's Catholic Church. Hayley was screaming for help, while Clara was screaming in pain, crying over everything that was happening. "Get them down on the floor." Genevieve instructs.

"We should take them to the City of the Dead." Monique says to the red head, as the witches place Clara in the steps, and Hayley beside her who was restrained with wolfspain ropes.

"We won't make it, the baby is coming now." Genevieve says to the younger witch.

"No, no, no. It's-It's to soon." Clara groans out before screaming in pain.

"Apparently not." Genevieve says, moving to help the girl in labor but is stopped by the younger witch.

"The plan was to induce her when the sacrifice was ready." Monique reminds her.

"I had to subdue her, and the trauma caused a placental abruption. So, the baby is coming, and we'll just have to adapt." Genevieve explains before heading to Clara who was still crying and weakly struggling.

"Let us go!!" Hayley shouts as she struggles against the ropes and the witches holding her still.

"Please, please let us go." Clara pleas with the red head who kneels by her side.

"Clara, you need to stay calm, you know this." Genevieve tells her, ignoring the angry werewolf beside them.

"Why are you doing this to me?" Clara whimpers the question, fear in her eyes.

Genevieve doesn't reply, guilt hitting her again. "To be reborn their must be a sacrifice." Monique answers cryptically as she kneels between Clara and Hayley.

"What does that mean, you-" Clara tries to demand, panic filling her before once again pain hits her making her scream out.

"You psychotic little bitch." Hayley finishes the insult for her.

"The ancestors demand an offering in exchange for power." Genevieve explains.

Monique looks at both of them with an emotionless expression, "You and the baby will be a fine offering." she tells the girls.

The two girls begin to fight harder despite the restraints and being out numbered, "No! Like hell you are taking my baby!" Clara shouts ignoring the pain as she struggles.

"I will kill all of you!" Hayley threatens the witches, after seeing her best friend so distraught.

"No, you won't! And neither will Klaus, or Elijah!" Monique tells the two, Causing Clara to stop struggling in fear of her words. 

'They don't even know that we were taken.' A new wave of sadness fills her. She just wants Nik, or Jeremey, or Aunt Jenna to find her and comfort her. She doesn't want to be here, she want her parent. More tears begin to stream down her face at these thoughts.

"When your baby is born, you will offer her to those who came before us." Monique continues a bit darkly.

"I'm sorry Clara. But this is the way it had to be." Genevieve tells the crying girl sincerely.

Clara leans her head back against the steps in pain as she screams out, "NO!! No Nik Please!! Ahhhhhh." she cries out.

The witches begin to prepare, making two makeshift beds. They begin to move both girls as Clara continues to scream in pain and Hayley shouts threats at them. As they both lay on the beds, Hayley can only look over helplessly as she is pinned down.

"Let me go! Please let me go!" Clara pleas once again as she scream not wanting to give birth here just for a bunch of witches to take her baby away for some sacrifice.