Chapter 16

~Kyle's POV~

I caught up to Johnnie, looking around, then grabbed his hand, intertwining our fingers.

"Where to next?" He asked, looking at me while walking.

"Ummmm...the hippos?" I giggled, glancing at him.

"Definitely the hippos." He nodded and checked the map, letting go of my hand.

I pouted as he looked at me.

"Do you want my hand?" He grinned as he folded the map and put it into his pocket, sticking out his hand.

I smiled and reached out for his hand, but before I could grab it, he pulled his hand away, smirking.

"Nope!" He said as he started walking ahead of me.

"Hey!" I said, catching up to him. He folded his arms, smiling, walking towards the aquarium.

"At the end of the aquarium there's the hippos, so let's go." He giggled, then looked at me.

"Can I have your hand now, you teaser?" I pulled a puppy dog face.

"Yes, you may." Johnnie giggled, reaching for my hand. I took his hand, smiling. We entered the aquarium. Almost no one was there and it was dark. We walked throughout the aquarium, looking at all of the fish and turtles. Johnnie had to mimic all of them. It was so cute, he was so cute. I giggled every time.

We finally reached the hippos, and they were huge. They looked like they were really lazy, their eyes half closed and their bodies limp in the water. Johnnie and I walked up to the big glass window. I looked at Johnnie as he looked at the gigantic animals.

"They're huge!" He said.

"I know!" I said, laughing.

In the aquarium, this was like a chill area. There were benches and small indoor playgrounds for the kids.

I looked at my phone, then realized what time it was.

"We've been here for four hours!" I laughed again and yawned. I was ready for a nap.

"Okay, we'll get some Peace Tea and go home, cutie." He said, kissing my cheek.

I blushed a bit, then followed him out of the aquarium. They happened to have some Peace Tea in one of the vending stores, so we bought one for each of us and exited the zoo.

I put on my seatbelt, then opened my Peace Tea. I drank half of it as Johnnie and I drove to his house.

"Do you think your mom would mind you staying another night?" Johnnie asked.

"No, I don't think so. Let me call her." I replied, taking out my phone and dialing my mom's number.

It rang a few times, then she picked up.

"Hey, sweetie! How are you and Johnnie?" She asked.

"Hey, mom! We're good, we just went to the zoo."

"Yeah, I got your voicemail." She said.

"Awesome. And, may I stay another night at Johnnie's?"

She thought about it. The silence on the other end of the line lasted for about five seconds.

"Kyle, I have a question." She stated.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"Are you and Johnnie..you know..going together?" She asked.

I laughed, "Mom, it's called 'being in a relationship', now. Not 'going together'."

She laughed, also. "Okay, sweetheart, you can. But no naughty stuff, alright?"

"Sure, mom. Love you!" I laughed.

"Love you too, mister." She laughed, then hung up.

I turned to Johnnie. "Well, now my mom knows we're dating." I smiled and kissed his cheek.

--Author's Note--
Hey, guys! Sorry I haven't updated in so long, I got busy with schoolwork ._. Stupid school.

But yeah if I'm a little late with updating, don't hate me ;-;
Ily all and hope you have an amazing day/night/afternoon/morning ^u^