Chapter 22

~Kyle's POV~

I got out the camera and started filming, fixing my hair before I started the intro.

Johnnie looked at me from the driver's seat. "Are you going to start or sit there?" He smiled at the road.

I looked at him sassily. "Don't rush a masterpiece." I looked back at the camera. "Hey guys! So, Johnnie and I are... Drumroll please."

Johnnie tried his best to drumroll with one hand while keeping the other on the wheel.

"Going to the beach!" I said, smiling.

"Yas!" Johnnie yelled.

"We're actually going out of the comforts of everyday life and going somewhere. In the sunlight, to be even more strange." I said.

"And naked! Wait, what?" Johnnie joked.

"Half-naked, to be precise." I winked at the camera.

I set the camera down on the dash. This was going to be the part where I fast-forward through this long ass drive. I slid my hand towards Johnnie's free hand, since he drives with only one hand sometimes. I make sure I don't make it obvious to the camera, and he grabs my hand softly. I smile at him and he smiles back.

We talk about random things including our opinions on seaweed being near the shore of the beach and how we hate hot sand. When Johnnie said we'd be there in about five minutes, I picked up the camera and let go of his hand.

"Okay, almost there, and we have to change somewhere over there." I said, looking around the area.

"They have restrooms, Kyle." Johnnie laughed a bit.

"Oh cool." I blushed a bit, but not enough for anyone to really notice.

I turned the camera towards the beach. "Look at that, guys, the beach is so pretty!" I laughed a bit.

Johnnie parked the car and got out, taking all of the stuff we packed with him. I got out and jogged up to him positioning the camera onto us.

"Hey, thanks for carrying the stuff." I smiled at him.

Johnnie looked around then gave me a kiss on the cheek. "No problem, babe." He smiled as I blushed.

"Oh, and don't forget to edit that out." He winked at me.

I could feel my face warming up even more. He's such a tease, but I gotta love that about him. I turned off the camera as we approached the pavilion.

We went inside the pavilion to get into the beach, but we stopped at the restrooms first and got changed- in separate stalls, of course. Not by my choosing, but there were a lot of people in there.

We walked out of the restroom together, making sure we didn't leave anything in there, and set out to the sand. Luckily, I was wearing sandals, so I didn't get to feel the scorching hot sand. I turned on the camera and faced it towards the beach, then angled it to where both Johnnie and I were in the shot.

"So, how's it look, Johnnie?" I casted him a mischievous smile.

"Like a beach." He replied.

I shrugged and laughed a bit. "That's a good way to put it, I guess."

There weren't many people on the beach at the moment, which was good, because maybe some kisses were on the agenda. We found a spot that had almost no seaweed in the water (thankfully) and set our stuff down away from the water. I placed the camera on our dry clothes and angled it towards the water.

"Remember, we're going to have to interact with it also." I said to Johnnie, who was already in the water.

"Will do, my love!" He smiled at me and I giggled a bit.

I took off my sandals and walked ankle-deep into the water and stood there for a second, closing my eyes and admiring the sea breeze and the cool water on my feet. I opened my eyes and watched Johnnie going to the deeper water, and decided to follow him. He looked back at me and smiled as he waited for me.

I finally caught up to him after wading my way through the waves. I looked back at the beach, and there was almost nobody around, except for a few people sunbathing. I kissed him quickly on the lips.

"Now you're going to have to edit that out!" Johnnie laughed.

"I don't care!" I shrugged and laughed.

"That means I can do this." Johnnie said, putting his hands on my cheeks and pulling me close, kissing me softly.

I pulled away after a while and smiled at him. "Hey, guess what?"

"What?" He said, mock confusion on his face.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you, too." He said, kissing me on the nose.

We messed around in the water for a bit, him dunking me into the water a few times, which almost hurt because of all the salt water, but I got him back. We came back up to the shore and sat on the wet sand, letting the small waves relax our feet.

I grabbed the camera quickly from our pile of stuff and turned it towards us, checking my hair again. It looked so messy.

"It's fine, Princess." He said, making me and messing it up more.

I messed his up for payback and smiled into the camera as he tried to fix it.

"I hate you." He laughed.

"I hate you too." I laughed with him.