Chapter 2

~Johnnie's POV~

-Before Kyle was done with watching the interview-

I knocked on the door to Kyle's house. His mom opened the door and smiled at me.

"Hello, Johnnie," she smiled brightly, "Pleasure having you here. I'm sure Kyle will be pleased too."

"Pleasure being here, Mrs. Hall. Thank you for inviting me." I smiled.

"Come in, come in!" She opened the door wider for me and shut it when I came in. I immediately smelled the delicious smell. Vegan chicken. Oh. Yes.

I followed her to the kitchen and stood by the bar as she cooked. "It smells awesome, Mrs. Hall."

"Why thank you, Johnnie," she smiled and yelled for Kyle to come to the kitchen and a few moments later he came in and said "Smells great, mom." Then he acknowledged me, staring at me.

He has great eyes. Almost as great as mine, but mine are blue and his a light chocolate. Wait, did I just complement a dude on his eyes? Oh well, I don't really care, I have my own opinions.

"Hey, Kyle! What's up, dawg?" I smile at him, which seems to snap him out of whatever he was thinking about.

"Hey, Johnnie. Not much, haha." He came over and gave me a fist-bump. "You didn't tell me my thug pug was coming, mom!" He turned to his mother, a slight blush forming on his cheeks. Huh. Wonder what that's about.

"I thought I wanted to surprise you, hun. We're having vegan chicken, since I know what Johnnie likes," she smiles at me and got some plates and silverware out. "I'm done, boys, eat up." She smiled. "I've got some work to do. Plus, I'm not hungry right now." She kissed Kyle on the cheek and walked out of the kitchen as Kyle protested, "Mom, why do you have to do this when one of my friends are over?"

I laughed, "It's ok, my mom does that all the time to me."

"Yeah, but it's embarrassing when my mom does it." He laughed.

"Anyways, let's eat, shall we?" He said with a playful smirk, jokingly. I laughed as I got my plate and as Kyle grabbed his, putting the food on our plates and sitting down. I was already eating when Kyle grabbed some Peace Tea for himself and a Monster for me.

"Thanks," I smiled at him.

"No problem, I know what you like," he smiled back and sat down, digging into his food and me doing the same, because, man, was I hungry and this was delicious.