Fight our way through.

"Get inside!" I heard Mike shout as he ran up the garden path, Terry quickly following behind, and.. A biter. Then I realised they were everywhere. They surrounded the streets, there were hundreds. The weakest part of the fence had been pushed down entirely. Mike and Terry raced through the door, I pulled out my katana and stabbed the following biter in the forehead. I shut the door quickly.
"They're everywhere" Terry said, catching his breath.
"What... What are?" Mia asked, before gasping in pain.
"Is she in labour?!" Mike said loudly.
"We need to get her to Samantha." I said. Mike shook his head.
"We have to get out of here. We'll find somewhere else." he said.
Amelia came rushing down the stairs, her jaw hung low in horror.
"Have you seen outside?" Her voice shook.
"C'mon we're going. Find somewhere close for Mia. Hold up and wait for it to pass. Why is there so many of them?" I asked Mike.
"The guys called it a herd. Some catch onto a sound, follow it. Other biters follow them and before you know it you got hundreds of biters following a sound that they heard months ago." He said.
"How do we get out of here?" Mia asked, holding her stomach in pain.
"We push through" Mike gulped. "Michonne you take the front with Terry, behind you is Mia, then Amelia - keep Andre close, on your back if you can, then I'll cover the back. We have to fight our way through." Mike said. "Pack a couple of bags quickly, get all the weapons." He added.
We headed into the kitchen, stuffing bags with bottled water a as many tin cans as possible. Me, Mike and Terry carried the heaviest bags whilst Mia carried a small bag, packed with baby formula. It wasn't long before we heard banging at the front door. It was loud and Andre clung to Amelia scared.
Amelia and Mia held pistols, Mike and Terry held their machine guns which they had been using on watch. I held my katana tightly in my hand.
"Ready?" I turned to look at the others. Mia's pale face stared me blankly in the eyes. "Stay close behind me" I said to her. "We're going to get out of here" I assured her, she nodded bleakly.
I swung open the door, knocking the biters backwards, I quickly swung at their heads, severing them with a quick swipe. We moved quickly towards the street, kept close the houses. There were so many of them. Although they were too busy feasting on the bodies which lay in the middle of the streets. I kept moving, Terry stood behind me, holding Mia's hand. She whimpered in pain as she moved as quickly as possible. Andre clung to Amelia tightly his eyes wide in fear, she held him on her back whilst holding out her pistol. Mike scanned the area behind them. We made it a good 200 yards before the biters realised we had snuck past, staying in the darker shadows by the houses. They quickly began to swarm, heading straight towards us. Mike and Terry's gun fire rung in my ears as we continued to move, picking up the pace. There was no sign of anyone, the gates had been busted through, they swung on their breaking hinges. Someone had rammed them with a car, got out quickly. I took out the biters stumbling towards me effortlessly, checking behind my shoulder every few seconds. Mia had begun to slow, and she screamed out in pain. Andre sobbed as Amelia continued to shoot biters that closed in on us. It wouldn't be long until we ran out of bullets, we had only made it half way along the street..