Falling apart

I sat on the hallway Andre on my lap. Mia by my side. She leant her head on my shoulder.
"How's the bump keeping you?" I joked.
"I feel like it's using my insides as a football" she laughed.
"All part of the process my friend" I laughed.
Amelia soon came back out the door redressed, her hair cleaned of muck flowed just past her shoulders, a light brown/blonde. Her face had brightened from earlier.
"Better?" I asked.
"Much better" she smiled. Andre quickly ran up to her and she picked him up, giving him a piggy back ride.
"I think someone's made a new friend" I said to Mia.
"It's alright Michonne you still have me" she laughed.

"I don't know if Nathan told you last night but we all have to do duties around here" I told Amelia as we walked into the kitchens. "You will probably be on kitchen duty, preparing food. But you'll be with Mia, and Andre" I laughed. She smiled, glad she would be with someone she knew. The women in the kitchen looked up at the new arrival before looking back down at the counters. "Not the most friendly bunch as you can see" I whispered to her. She let out a quiet laugh. And she smiled.
"Hey off to work you" Mia pointed at me, a smile spread across her face. "No slacking now" she laughed. I pushed her shoulder slightly.
"Shush you" I smiled. I kissed Andre on the cheek before heading to the doors. "See you guys later" I said, they waved goodbye and I exited the kitchen.

As I walked out the main building I bumped into Nathan.
"How's she keeping?" He asked me.
"She's fine, fitting in well" I said. It was then that I noticed what I had not earlier. Nathan's head was covered in bald patches, his head spotted with blood. His eyes looked weary, and very red.  "Are you okay?" I asked him.
"Me?... Yeah I'm fine." He looked unsure.
"I best be getting on watch" I said, beginning to walk.
"See you around Michonne" he said, I nodded and walked away towards my watch tower. I shook my head, what was happening the people around here. I sighed. A couple of deaths and people start beginning to fall apart. I saw Mike stare at me from the fence as I quickly began to climb the ladder. Once inside I turned my head away, focusing on the landscape.

-------

Let me know what you guys think of the new shorter chapters in the comments! Thanks for reading.