I'm fine

I walked around the workers outside the fence, on patrol. Mia had gone back to the house to get some sleep, Samantha had left the room so I snuck out. My back was painful but bearable. Today it was as if the walkers were drawn here, or maybe the ratio of walkers to humans had risen by a great deal. Every minute or so another walker would stumble along. I stood back for a while until I saw a couple of groups of walkers. I veered off to the group on the right, holding my katana out. I swung it quickly horizontally across the two walkers heads. Pain ran through my back. I must have bruised my back when I fell, I sighed and headed back towards the workers. By now that put up another small fence, made from aluminium around the original fence. Another layer of support I guess. They were making barriors, covered in barbed wire, another thing for biters to get stuck on, giving the people on watch an easy shot.
"Michonne" I heard a voice say. I turned, it was Nathan. I walked over to him. "I heard you fell from your watch platform earlier, you shouldn't be working out here" he said concerned.
"I'm fine, didn't want to stay cooped up in there any longer" I replied.
"Hey do yourself a favour and go back to the house, get some rest, you're only hurting yourself more being out here. We got this covered" he smiled. I nodded.
"Thank you" I mumbled, before I turned heading back towards the gate. I pushed the cold metal gate open and closed it behind me. I headed through the street, I dragged my feet as I slowly made my way accross the compound. I was about to head into the house when I spotted a small patch of land, hid behind a small house on the corner.

The sun shone down brightly on the small patch of grass, I sat down cross legged. I lay back on the grass, staring up at the bright blue sky. I watched as the clouds passed slowly, I didn't have the will to move. Silence surrounded me and I let sleep wash over me as I soon drifted off. I was awoken from what I assumed was a not much later, by Mia. I opened my eyes, greeted by Mia who sat by my side. "Nice place for a nap huh?" She smiled. I laughed, and sat up. "C'mon Andre wants to see you" she said. The thought of my son soon filled the emptiness I felt. I got up, holding out my hand for Mia which she quickly grasped and we headed back to the house.

---------

So guys quick update for you all, I currently have a lot of mock exams and real exams coming up in the near future so I have adapted my writing to make it more easy to fit it in. The chapters will be a lot shorter, and therefore will be updated more often. I hope you guys continue to read, thank you all.