No longer human.

"Where are you from?" Brenden asked. We had been sitting together for a while now, Mike and Terry had eventually drifted off to sleep as the room continued to get darker and the men outside became quiet.
"Iowa. You?" I said.
"Michigan. That's where they took me from." Brenden said.
"What do you mean?" I asked.
"Me and my family were with a group, stayed in an old run down school. We made quite a good home there. I was out on a run one day when they crept up on me and grabbed me, chucked me in their van and brought me all the way here." He said. I gasped. They must travel miles to bring people back here.. It's sick. "Other people were here." Brenden uttered. I looked up at him. "Around 15 people throughout my time of being here. But I was the only one who did what they said. They wouldn't keep quiet.. And they eventually killed them. Well.. Some of them were killed by the dead." He said sadly.
"How?" I dared to ask.
"Every now and again they would take us out the room. And take us to a makeshift arena they made outside. They would trap one of us in the arena, and attach the others to the fence by their chains and make them watch." Brenden said sadly. "They let the dead in the arena.. And some of them just weren't strong enough to take them down weapon less." He slowly became quieter as he spoke.
"Are they going to do that with us?" I asked.
"That wasn't all they did.." Brenden said, dreading to carry on. "They made us fight against each other. Said if we didn't fight they would kill us both."
"Oh my.." I replied.
"I don't know how I made it this long.." Brenden said. "Things had calmed down for a while, I've been the only one here for a good 2 weeks. They left a week ago in attempt to find more people. Left me with a plate of food and a bottle of water. Then they came back with you." He said.
I sat back against the wall. We really were hopeless. I looked across at Andre and Amelia who were still fast asleep. "They won't be able to fight.. Survive." I said.
"They had kids in here before" Brenden whispered. I looked across as a tear fell from his cheek. I put my hand on his shoulder.
"We will think of something.. Some way to get out of here I promise." I said.
We were interrupted from laughing outside.
"I say we get the samurai and one of the boys to fight." One of the men called out.
"And get the young girl in the cage!" Another said happily.
"All in good time my friends" I heard the same musk voice call out, he was obviously the leader.
Their voices sent shivers down my spine.
"I think.. I think I have an idea.." Brenden said.