Chapter Fourteen

The people had introduced themselves as Misu, and Rafa. They were both from the northern water tribe, siblings. They sat down and started a fire, Misu begun to cook some stew.

    "Sorry for attacking you, we're not used to seeing other people around forgetful valley," Misu said softly. "When we heard the commotion we thought an animal had come to disturb the pond. It must remain undisturbed."

    "That's what I said!" Aang exclaimed after swallowing a mouthful of food. "It's very spiritual."

    "That's right, there are three pools just like this one in forgetful valley. They all must remain undisturbed." Misu nodded.

    "Hey, this stew tastes a lot like another stew we had up north." Sokka commented, shoveling said stew into his mouth.

    "The seaweed stew?" Misu asked, earning a nod from Sokka. "Rafa and I make do with what we have."

    "So, how did you two end up in a fire Nation forest? It's a long ways from the Northern water tribe." Katara asked.

    "Well... When we were young, Rafa used to steal things from the higher ups just to prove that he could. Of course I would always tell him to bring everything back. One day I found him on the ice with his face horribly disfigured... Not even our best healers could do anything for him," Misu sighed. "So I did what I could. I studied every single piece of literature we had until I found something in an ancient fire Nation scroll, a spirit who would visit a forest in the Fire Nation from time to time," She glanced at Zuko. "A spirit that could give new faces, a spirit who could heal Rafa. I made it my life goal to take Rafa here to get a new face. But it would be hard with the war going on for two water tribe people to sneak into the fire Nation. So I had to teach myself how to use my waterbending to fight."

    "Because in the northern tribe women aren't allowed to learn how to use waterbending to fight...," Katara added. "Things are different now."

    "After many failed attempts, we finally made it. And now we wait in hopes to encounter the spirit." Misu finished.

    "Why hasn't Rafa eaten anything?" Sokka asked softly.

    "Ever since the incident, Rafa has been caught between life and death. He doesn't do much of anything anymore." Misu replied glumly.

    "So you've spent almost your whole life trying to heal your brother?" Aang piped up.

    "Of course," Misu nodded. "I'm his sister."

    "Of course." Katara echoed, smiling at Sokka.

    Zuko sunk into his slouch, avoiding any eye contact with his own sister. Why couldn't their relationship be like that?

    "Sorry to interrupt your sob story," Azula started, rolling her eyes. "Azula don't be rude!" Zuko interjected. "But we're here looking for a woman named Ursa?"

    "I'm sorry, we haven't seen anyone. The forest was quiet before you all came along." Misu replied.

    "So this spirit," Aang piped up, gaining the attention of Misu. "What is it supposed to look like?"

    "It, is a she. And I'm not sure what she looks like, but you can tell when she's near because face like patterns form on everything." Misu explained.

    "Hey! We saw that earlier!" Sokka grinned.

    "Then, on a night like tonight, a giant wolf comes to drink from one of these pools and whichever pool it chooses from, the spirit comes out of."

    "Hey that's the wolf that puked moth wasps at us!" Sokka commented.

    "The spirit has passed through forgotten Valley many times since we've come here. But we never seem to be at the right pool. And if we were then the wolf would have been here by now," She sighed, turning back to her brother. "I'm sorry Rafa, we'll keep trying."