Chapter Twenty eight

Warning: this chapter contains sexual content, if you would like to avoid it then just stop reading at the * sign and if you want, read the author note at the end. (It's in bold lmao)

Katara and Sokka went to visit their mother's grave while Zuko stayed behind to tie up some loose ends with his and Hakoda's agreement. Katara told her mom about Malina, finally accepting her into her life. Sokka stood beside Katara, taking a breath, he told her about Zuko too.

    When they got back, Zuko, Toph, Aang, and Katara went to make food for lunch, each deciding to cook something from their respective nations (Toph had some help of course).

    Serving their dinners, the group sat down. Sokka settled down next to Zuko, holding his hand and eating with the other (it was a good thing he was ambidextrous). They chowed down on the food, Sokka not expecting Zuko's noodles to be as spicy as they were. And all was peaceful.

    After dinner, Sokka helped clean up and then he went to talk to his Dad. With a little reassuring hug from Katara, he went to sit next to Hakoda.

    "Hey Dad? I have to tell you something..." He spoke up softly, getting Hakoda's attention.

    "Of course, what is it, Sokka?"

    "I'm uh... I'm.. dating Zuko." He muttered, gesturing to the firebender across the room who was talking with Toph.

    There was a pause, Sokka stared at the table, his heartbeat pounding in his ears. He wanted to break the silence but he was scared. What if things were never the same ever again?

    He was pulled into a hug, breaking his train of thought.

    "That's great, Sokka! I'm happy for you," Hakoda smiled, patting his son's back. "Kind of unexpected, but nonetheless, I love you and I'm proud of you."

    Sokka teared up, sobbing a little he dug his face into his Dad's shoulder.

    "Thanks, Dad."

_

    Him and Zuko went to take a little walk. They had some time to spend so they figured that they'd enjoy the landscape and finally catch up.

    Zuko told him about Azula kidnapping children and Sokka talked about all the things that happened before Zuko got there.

    "Sounds like we both had our fair share of excitement." Zuko chuckled, squeezing Sokka's hand.

    "Yeah, you can say that again." Sokka smiled, leaning into him. "So, while we were at the jasmine dragon for a bit, I found a book..." Sokka flushed. "I'll show it to you when we get back but it got me kinda thinking..."

    Zuko looked at him, utter confusion plastered all over his face.

    "When we... Y'know, get "too carried away"... Are you going to be the one who...? Or am I?" He continued awkwardly.

    Finally understanding the question, Zuko turned red, covering his mouth in embarrassment, he looked away before looking back to Sokka.

    "I've um... I'm okay with being either! I just wanted to ask you."

    "Why don't we talk about this later? After you show me the book?" Zuko offered awkwardly. "Let's just enjoy the scenery for now, okay honey?"

    "Honey?" Sokka grinned.

    "Yeah... Do you... Do you not like it?" Zuko uttered.

    "No! I like it!" Sokka flushed again. "Is it.. a reference to the time when you wanted to join us and I said you probably covered yourself in honey?"