Chapter Twenty one

Arriving in the South, Sokka and Katara were met with a wide dock filled with water tribe ships. While Katara was rather taken aback by the new construction, Sokka was unfazed. They looked out at the scenery that hadn't changed much since they left. The landscape was snowy and seemed to stretch on for miles without end. The two siblings smiled to themselves. Home sweet home.

    Making their way towards their village, they were met with a group of kids penguin sledding, reminding Katara of Aang.

    "Want to have a go? For old times sake?" Katara smiled at her brother, gesturing to the sledders.

     "Sure..." Sokka grinned.

    They slid down the snowy hill, Katara having a much better time than her brother.

    "I've never been a fan of this." Sokka uttered, squeezing his eyes shut.

    Suddenly he hit something hard, a sharp pain filling his head. He winced, looking up at what looked like a construction site.

    "Are you ok?!" Katara cried, rushing to help him.

    "Yeah, I'm fine..."

    "Looks like a construction site...," Katara cast a glance at the groups of kids playing around in the site. "I wonder what they're building..."

    "Well whatever it is, it's going to be the biggest building in the South pole," Sokka turned to a little boy who was building a snowman. "Hey, kid, what are they building here?"

    "My mama told me not to talk to strangers." The boy replied snarkily.

    "I'm not a stranger! I live here! I'm Sokka of the southern water tribe!"

     "So you're a friend?" The boy turned to look at him.

    "Yeah! I am!"

    The little boy threw a snowball at him, hitting his face. With a giggle, he ran away from the now slightly wet Sokka.

    "Hey! What do you brats think you're doing?" A deep voice shouted just as Sokka got hold of the little boy.

    They turned to see three men approaching them. All three looking equally pissed off. Two of them were water tribe and the tallest was an earth kingdom citizen.

    "Didn't you see the sign? No trespassing." The guy on the right frowned.

    "What sign?" Sokka asked, letting go of the boy.

     "I think Tomi used it for our snowman's shield..." The boy replied.

    "You're right, sir. Kids shouldn't be playing on a construction site, my brother and I will make sure they leave right away." Katara nodded.

    "You really think it'll be that easy? This ain't the first time we've had these brats running around on our site. I'm gonna have to teach them a lesson." The guy retorted, taking a stance before bending a wave of snow towards Sokka and the boy.

    "Woah! Look out!" Sokka shouted, yanking the kid out of the way.

    The snow flooded on towards Katara who quickly broke the flow and separated it.

    "Three grown men, attacking a group of little kids? Really?!" She took a stance. "Get out of here kids."

    Bending some snowballs, she fired all of them towards the two water tribe men who'd taken their stances. They bent them upwards, freezing them in the air for a moment before moving them back and forming a large ball of snow. With one combined movement, they threw it towards Katara. Meanwhile, Sokka watched the battle with excitement, protecting the kids behind him who were also in awe.