Chapter Three

Panic flew through the young water tribe boy as he frantically moved around in his own little space, trying to figure out what to do about the guy on the floor. The Firelord on the floor.

    First, he needed to calm down. After a few calm breaths, he focused on what he should do. Walking over to the limp body on the floor, he checked to make sure he wasn't hurt anywhere. He was breathing evenly and when Sokka put his ear on his chest, he heard a beating heart. Sitting up, he heard a soft snore leave the Firelord's lips and he felt himself smile a little.

    Now that the panic was over, he found himself admiring how peaceful the teen looked. Sokka lifted him up by the shoulders in an attempt to pick him up to put him on the bed, but he flinched and he got a little scared at the thought of him waking up. So, he sat with a cushion in his lap, and lay Zuko on him.

    He took off his Kyoshi warrior gloves and ran his fingers lightly through Zuko's dark bangs. His hair was soft and there weren't any tangles. He took the Firelord headpiece out of Zuko's bun and let his hair fall across the mahogany pillow. A tiny smile edged Zuko's sleeping face, leading Sokka to subconsciously widen his.

    They sat there for a while, Zuko moving a bit every now and then but never woke up. Sokka stroked his hair and looked from his face to the window and back again. It was peaceful, like they were the only people in the entire world.

    About an hour later, a soft knock was heard on the door and Suki popped her head in. Before she could say anything, Sokka held a finger to his lips and then pointed to the sleeping boy in his lap.

    "Why is Zuko in here?" Suki whispered, walking in and closing the door behind her.

    Sokka shrugged, turning back to watching his lap. Zuko's eyebrows twinged a bit but then settled back into sleeping peacefully.

    "I've been looking for him. He's requested in the war room," Suki noted, leaning over Sokka's shoulder. "But this is the first time I've seen him sleep so peacefully. How long has he been out for?"

    "I'm not sure, he was passed out when I got here." Sokka replied, rubbing Zuko's cheek softly.

    The sleeping boy lifted his hand and held Sokka's to his face, snuggling into it. The water tribe boy blushed furiously, thanking the dense makeup he was wearing for hiding it.

    "So he's been sleeping for 2 hours?" Suki confirmed, arching a brow at the scene before her.

    "I guess so..." Sokka shrugged, his thumb sliding across Zuko's cheek subconsciously to the edge of his lips.

    "Alright, he needs sleep, so I'll have to ask them to delay the meeting. Do you want anything to eat or drink?" Suki asked, walking back over to the door.

    "If you could just slide my bag over, that would be great." He shot her a smile, which she returned.

_

    Zuko woke up feeling refreshed. He hadn't slept like that since before he had clear skin. The sun was starting to set so he'd been out for a while. Looking around, he quickly realized that he was on the floor and also in someone's lap. Two blue eyes came into view, along with the Kyoshi warrior makeup.

    "Hello Firelord," Sokka said softly, pitching his voice up again. "I hope you don't mind, I didn't want to wake you up so I just put your head on a pillow in my lap so you'd be more comfortable."

    He didn't answer, still a little sleepy. Sitting up, he took a closer look at the dimly lit face in front of him. It looked familiar but that was understandable since he'd been surrounded by Kyoshi warriors for weeks now.