Chapter Nine

"I've got her!" Aang exclaimed, holding Azula with one arm and his glider with the other.

"Nice glider Avatar," Azula sneered, looking back at him. "Tell me, is it fireproof?"

With that, she shot a small blue flame right above Aang's shoulder, the spot lighting up quickly.

"No! This was a gift!" Aang uttered before they plunged towards the ground.

He crashed to the ground, Azula leaping off just before they made impact. Appa landed mere seconds after, the other three passengers leaping off of him in unison.

"You guys make sure Aang's ok, I'll go after Azula!" Zuko exclaimed, running after his sister.

She sped along the rocky terrain, leaping over a stream, she stopped. Zuko was too far to hear her, but he saw her move as if she was talking to someone. As he approached, she shot a string of lightning at the water, the stream erupting into a short wall.

"... You've turned my own mind against me!" Azula shrieked at the water, Zuko finally catching up.

"Who are you talking to?" Zuko asked, looking at his sister's exhausted expression from across the water.

"Why do you care?!" Azula shot back, still catching her breath.

"Keep to our deal Azula, we'll find her together." Zuko reminded her softly, taking a step towards her.

"You need me, Zuzu. I have information you don't. But now that we're so close to Hira'a, I don't really need you anymore." Azula replied, aiming what would end up being a shot of lightning at Zuko.

"Please... I don't want to do this." Zuko protested, taking a stance.

Before anyone could shoot anything at one another, Azula was wrapped in ice, falling to the ground.

"Out of the way Zuko!" Katara called, though it was a little too late now.

He turned back, seeing Aang and Sokka walk over. His eyes first went to Sokka who looked a little more chipper than he did before. Zuko smiled softly before turning to Aang who stopped beside him.

"Are you ok?" Zuko asked the airbender.

"My glider is a little singed but I'm ok." He replied.

"Hey! I don't appreciate you trying to set my boyfriend on fire!" Katara shouted, marching through the water towards Azula.

"Um, if you're ok, then why are you making that face?" Zuko arched a brow.

"I feel the presence again."

"Zuko," The Firelord's head shot up at the sound of Sokka saying his name. "You gotta reconsider this agreement with your sister."

Zuko chuckled, his mood a little bit better. Sokka glanced at his smiling face and smiled himself.

"Of all the conspirators she could have chosen, why an uncultured-" Azula started, glaring at Katara.

She was cut off by the terrified expression that befell her face. Staring across the stream.

"Hey! That fear in your eyes," Sokka boasted, raising his boomerang into the air. "So you've finally learned to respect the power of Mr Boomerang!"

Right behind Sokka was the wolf Aang had mentioned. It towered over the water tribe boy and growled lowly at all the people around it.

He arched a brow at everyone's terrified expression, though Aang's was more angry and Zuko was more concerned. He looked behind him to see the blue legs of the wolf and as he looked up, he saw an open mouth coming straight for his head. Before it could touch him, he was knocked to the ground, a hand cradling his head in order to protect him.