Chapter Twenty five

"Is that?" Katara uttered, looking up. "Aang?"

    Illuminated by the soft light of the half moon, Appa descended towards the snowy ground. Katara raced towards the bison, reaching them just as Appa landed. Aang jumped off Appa's head and they met in a tight hug.

    "Aang!"

    "Katara!" Aang hummed, he leaned back, taking in the face he hadn't seen for weeks. "Can I kiss you?"

    "Um... Maybe not in front of my dad?" She flushed, gesturing to the figure that was approaching them.

    "Hello chief Hakoda!" Aang greeted, grabbing the man's forearm, he did the same.

    "Avatar Aang, it's good to see you." He grinned.

    "Likewise!"

     "So, how did things go in the Fire Nation?" Katara peeped, getting her boyfriend to follow her.

    "It wasn't spirits," Aang chuckled. "It was Azula."

    "Did you catch her?"

    "No, she got away..."

    "I'm sure Zuko will handle it," Katara reassured him. "Speaking of which, I'm guessing he didn't come with you?"

    "He had some stuff to take care of, he wanted to come though," Aang glanced back, noticing that Hakoda was out of earshot. "He seemed to miss him a lot."

    "Yeah, Sokka looks like he's doing fine but I'm sure he's just distracting himself with work to keep his mind off of it..." Katara sighed.

    "I'm sure he's got his plate full then," Aang noted, looking up at all the buildings. "Are you sure we're in the south?"

    "I know, right? It's so different now... And also.."

    Katara filled Aang in on all the details of their stay, including the shocking factor that was her Dad's new relationship.

    "Oh and also, there's this guy Gilak who-"

    "Aang?" Sokka uttered. "Aang!"

    "Twinkletoes is here?" Toph asked, following after Sokka.

    "Hey guys!" Aang greeted, accepting the tight hug Toph was giving him.

    "Did...?" Sokka mumbled, looking around.

    "Sorry Sokka, he couldn't come with me." Aang sighed.

     Sokka nodded, his expression and his gaze sinking to the floor where he stared at the snow. Suddenly, the spot he was staring at cracked and the ground started to rumble. He looked up, noticing that the rest of his friends were paying attention to Malina who was talking about something to do with maps and future plans.

    "What is that?" Toph uttered, touching the ground.

     "Is it the shaking?" Sokka asked.

     "Yeah it seems like there's something underground," She nodded before standing up. "Heads up team avatar."

    "...Toph Beifong would you like to say a few words?" Malina asked from up on the platform.

    "Yeah I'd like to say something," Toph exclaimed. "Everyone get out of here!"

    Just then, a huge drill burst out of the ground, right next to the platform. The crowd dispersed in a panic. Meanwhile the three benders took stances, Sokka pulled out his club, his eyes glued to the machine. Gilak stood on the top of it, donned in the warrior outfit.