Chapter Eleven

They didn't get to sleep for long, but when they did wake up, Sokka had his arms wrapped around Zuko and his legs were over the Firelord's lap. Zuko had his head on Sokka's and an arm wrapped around him as well. Zuko woke up first, groggily. He noticed the position he was in and quickly glanced at the other three passengers to see if any of them had noticed. It didn't look like it, so he snuggled back into Sokka, purposely putting his lips on the water tribe boy's neck.

    When Sokka woke up, he didn't move. Instead he very slowly moved his hand up to run his fingers through Zuko's hair. He sighed lightly, if only he could do this when Zuko was awake...

    Which he was. But Sokka didn't know that.

    "We're here!" Aang exclaimed as Appa landed on the ground.

    Sokka pulled away from Zuko, Katara shooting him a look. He smiled at her awkwardly and looked away when Zuko pretended to wake up.

    They slid off Appa, Zuko bringing a bag down with him. He handed out some fire Nation coloured cloaks and then put one on himself.

    "Why are we wearing disguises?" Sokka asked, his voice still groggy with sleep.

    "It'd be best if they didn't know we were the Avatar and the Firelord," Zuko replied, glancing at Sokka. "We'll get mobbed."

    The water tribe boy pulled on the disguise over his under wraps, leading Zuko to realize how good he looked in red. But then again, he seemed to look good in everything. (He also silently admired the shape of Sokka's body in the wraps, but thankfully, the shade that the hood cast over his face hid his flushed cheeks).

    "Don't worry, after all those months of hiding from you we're masters of disguise!" Aang chirped, flaunting his fire Nation disguise.

    "Aang, sweetie, the headband is cute and all but it really only worked when you had hair." Katara mentioned.

    "See? A fake beard made of sky bison fur, a classic!" Sokka grinned, rubbing his fake mustache.

    "Get away from me! You smell like wet possum chicken!" Azula frowned, leaning away from him.

    They walked into the town, Sokka sneezing off the beard before anyone saw. The group stopped at the end of a path going down to the foot of a stage where a crowd of people were standing.

    "Why is everyone all crowded over there?" Katara mumbled, arching a brow.

    "Looks like they're performing some sort of play?" Aang looked from Zuko to the stage.

    "Oh! It's a scene from Love amongst the dragons!" Zuko whisper shouted.

    The two actors on the stage stood opposed to one another, one of them donned in red with a dragon mask on their face while the other was donned in blue with a mask on their face.

    "Wretched water spirit!" The red dragon cursed. "Now that I've escaped your curse and regained my true nature, you shall pay for your trickery!"

    "Have you learned nothing from your time amongst the mortals?" The blue dragon queried, pretending to prepare a ball of water in the space between it's hands. "By threatening me, you invite your own doom!"

    They shot strings of coloured fabric at one another. The blue dragon lunged at the red, shooting more "water" whilst the red jumped over them and shot red and orange "fire" at them.

    "NOOOO! Curse you, foul Dragon!" The water dragon yelled, putting their hands up.

    "The dragon Emperor is very good this year." An old man in front of the gang said softly to his wife.