forty three

[ 1st January 2019, 12:03AM ]

"aeri, aeri please just wait," jaehyun pushed through the crowd, calling out her name. after aeri told jaehyun that she knew everything that she did, she just ran off. she didnt want jaehyun to see her crying like that. it was embarrassing for her, even though he had seen her at her worst before.

since aeri was smaller than jaehyun, she fit through the crowd perfectly. but it was harder for jaehyun to move around because he was bigger than every one else. "kang aeri! i know you can hear me!" in reality, it was hard for her to hear him through all the loud noises the crowd was making.

honestly? she didnt know where she was going at all. she just wanted to leave this crowded place. it agitated her. so she when she saw a turn into the alleyway, she took the opportunity to go there. it didnt matter anymore, she just wanted to leave. she could find her way out by herself. she was smart.

"for fucks sakes, aeri please just stop walking!" jaehyun screamed. right now, she could hear him loud and clear because there were nobody at the alleyway. his voice echoed throughout the place. she got startled and stopped in her tracks.

the two of them stopped walking at the same time. before turning, she wiped her teared-face again. jaehyun was panting, it was so hard for him to get through those heaps of people in the crowd. he regained his breath again and slowly walked closer to aeri.

she knew that this was the moment where everything had to be spilled. the lies, the truth, the secrets. everything. including her feelings. and she most definitely knew that it wasnt going to end well. she was so sure that she would end up crying again. so she mentally prepared herself for it.

"what do you mean you know everything about me and soomin?" was the first thing jaehyun asked her. after following her for five minutes, that's the only thing he wanted to know about. aeri rolled her eyes, she just stood there and rubbed her temples. figuring out how to answer to that question.

her hands on her hips, in an akimbo position, she replied, "the night of the halloween party," her nose was red, due to the cold and from crying. she sniffed again. "we just bumped into mark and i was uncomfortable and i wanted to leave, plus jungwoo was drunk and there was no point in staying anymore," she continued.

jaehyun listened intently. "i went to find you. you werent on the first floor. and then i walked up to the second and you were there," she added. she didnt want to continue because it made her feel uncomfortable. who wouldnt be? having to see your crush in bed with someone else. especially after you were so sure you had feelings for him.

especially after he said he wouldnt hurt her anymore. "it's not what you think, okay?" jaehyun tried to reassure her but she wouldnt buy it. "oh bullshit, jae. it is exactly what i think!" she tried to stall herself some time.

"it's a guys thing, aeri! would you have told me if you had sex with mark?" jaehyun defended himself. aeri tried her best to admit her feelings without actually admitting her feelings you know?

because why would bestfriends fight about who they were secretly having sex with? literally nobody— unless one of them had feelings for the other.

and that's what aeri was trying to do. tell jaehyun she had feelings for him without saying 'i like you' but he was oblivious about it. "you promised you wont hurt me anymore, jae. and after that, you've hurt me at least three fucking times," aeri cried out. her heart felt like it was about to rip out of her chest. it hurt so much, fighting with someone you love.

"what the fuck? have i not apologized for them all? do you want me to apologize for having sex? you're acting like as if i cheated on you or something," jaehyun's tone changed. he thought she was being unreasonable, and it didnt sit right with him. aeri shook her head, she didnt know how to tell him the truth.