thirty seven

[ 16th November, 2018, 4:12PM ]

kunhang looked aeri, and then laughed at the way she was trying on the coat. they were both shopping for winter clothes. well, technically, it's for kunhang because all his winter clothes got lost. yes, wong kunhang is a very careless boy. he loses out on his things all the time.

winter was coming soon in less than a month. and it excited aeri and her friends. it would be the first christmas that she would spend with a whole new friendgroup. her last time spending christmas was with mark lee. and now he's gone. but that's okay, right? aeri has better people now.

"kunhang please dont do this," aeri whined, trying to grab the phone out of his hands. yes, he was taking a picture of her in the coat that she was trying on. kunhang repeatedly shook his head, saying no he isnt going to delete it. she cling onto his hand, "at least let me see how i look," she said, trying to get him to show her the picture.

and when he did, she gasped. "oh my god i look good," was what she said. kunhang let out a small burst of laughter, "aeri please put that back, you look like a 12 year old with a huge coat like that," he put his phone at the back of his jeans. then he helped aeri in removing the coat and placed it back on the hanger and the rack before leaving the shop.

the two had been walking around aimlessly around the mall for two hours now and both their feet hurt. "okay, where to next?" aeri asked, then checking her phone to see what time it was. because she had errands to run on the way back home. her mother wanted her to be back by 8pm because she wanted to cook dinner.

at exactly, 5pm, they called it a day. although kunhang didnt get to buy a whole closet filled with winter clothes, he did at least buy two jackets. he wanted to go alone but he was lonely. plus, he really liked aeri. she was the first ever person to make kunhang feel like home. but he didnt want to tell her that.

she would expect kunhang to have other people making him feel like that you know? but she's wrong. when kunhang looks at aeri, she makes him comfortable and makes it seem like as if he's been home for the longest of time. and everyday, he thanked god for making him meet someone like her; and jungwoo of course.

[ 6:54PM ]

aeri was carefully skimming through the poultry aisle, looking up and down from her phone every five seconds because all the stuff that her mother wanted her to buy was all on her little screen. so far, she only had the eggs. and that's it. she was having trouble finding the frozen chicken.

the last time she went to the supermarket was probably when she had her first fight with jaehyun. was it, really? she swore she remembered them going to pick up some items at the supermarket and then making their way to jaehyun's apartment. then they ended up fighting over chungha, was it?

no, they ended up fighting because jaehyun kept repeating the same old thing like - we can never be together. it's weird if we kissed. we're just friends. i dont see you like that. it was all coming back to her now. that day still irritated aeri to the core because she felt so uncomfortable with everything jaehyun was saying.

but she brushed it off anyway. she swore she found the right place to find the frozen chicken but then she bumped into someone the moment she was about to stop. "sorry i didnt see you- aeri?" a familiar voice again. she hoped it wouldnt be anyone she hated. when she looked up, she saw it was soomin.

aeri's eyes widened, and then she stepped back one or few steps. she was confused as to why she was even in the area. she lived near the university. and the university wasnt even anywhere near the neighbourhood. but aeri did know what was around the neighbourhood.