ten

[ 15th february 2018, 10:36am ]

on this day, mark and aeri walked to school together. the feeling of having someone next to you, someone you trust, you know will protect you, it's a wholesome feeling; and mark lee is the only boy who made aeri feel that way.

definitely it has been long since they walked together side by side, but now this moment has come again and she just wanted to live in that moment forever. with her fingers interlocked with his', both their hearts beating fast for each other, she wanted to stop time. she didnt want to let this moment pass.

when in school, jiyeon ran to find her bestfriend. "aeri!" she yelled while running from the entrance to their lockers. aeri stopped packing her bags and locked eyes with jiyeon who was excitedly running towards her. what story did she have to tell that couldnt wait?

"oh my god! yesterday jaehyun and i had the best night ever!" jiyeon rambled on. no 'hello', no 'good morning', nothing. she really did get straight to the point. aeri furrowed her brows, oh yes, jaehyun. her only friend. besides jiyeon of course. someone who understood her, ironically better than her own bestfriend jiyeon.

as jiyeon continued to ramble on and on about her night with jaehyun, her phone let out a loud ding! aeri quickly fished out her phone to silence it. she thought it wouldve been mark texting her, she didnt want jiyeon to know about it, especially since shes too caught up with jaehyun all the time. it felt like she didnt even care about her own friend anymore.

but when her eyes met her phone screen, it wasnt mark. it was jaehyun.

jaehyun
ah shit aeri i just woke up im so sorry??

jaehyun
i know we planned everything and stuff weeks ago

jaehyun
im so sorry for ditching you and our plans fuck i feel really bad right now. knowing you, you probably waited more than you shouldve. i feel so bad im so sorry.

jaehyun
i promise ill make it up to you

aeri found herself smiling at jaehyun's texts. but she just laughed it off. maybe she would update jaehyun about everything after school ends. she sent - ill meet you at the cafe ok? and then quickly packed her bags for the next lesson.

"jiyeon, please shut up. i dont want to hear about your jaehyun fantasies, okay?" aeri groaned, before walking for her class. jiyeon scoffed.

apparently, jiyeon got offended by that comment. really. offended. before aeri could walk away, jiyeon grabbed her by her wrist, pulled her back so she could face her. "whats wrong with you?" she irritatedly asked.

aeri let out an effortless chuckle. she didnt know that her bestfriend was being serious right now. "what do you mean?" she asked, politely. jiyeon rolled her eyes. "you know, ever since jaehyun and i started dating, youve been very distant. whats your problem? i cant talk about my boyfriend?" she grinned.

the girl infront of jiyeon gasped. dating??? boyfriend ??? hell no. oh, shes really mad. she thought to herself. "what? jiyeon. are you kidding? cmon, class is starting, we can talk about this later," aeri sighed, before trying to turn her back again.

only to get pulled back again. "aeri! what the hell? is something bothering you? tell me the truth!" she questioned. aeri is a girl that quickly gets agitated. at this point, from feeling nothing, she felt something. anger.

"jiyeon, i love you but youre really pissing me off right now. can you please just let it be? we can talk about it later after class—" this time. aeri firmly yanked her hand away from her bestfriend. she was stern. she meant every word she said.