twenty five

[ 7th May, 2018, 5:12PM ]

jungwoo knocked on the door of aeri's front porch. he was told to bring aeri to the party. it was supposed to be the three of them but guess who decided to bring a special guest the last minute? of course, jung jaehyun.

jungwoo complimented aeri, saying she looked stunning with her dress and aeri did the same. the two were like bestfriends too. although they dont hang out 24/7 like jaehyun and aeri, the bond between them were almost, or just as strong as hers and jaehyun.

"screw jaehyun. let's just make tonight about ourselves then. he can go get hurt all over again for all i care. i literally kept telling him off and he still wouldnt listen," jungwoo groaned, adjusting his hair while looking at himself in the rearview mirror of his car, before putting on the seatbelt.

aeri just laughed. "i cant believe he said he wanted me to meet chungha before he could actually let her go," she complained. only to make jungwoo almost jump out of his seat, "why the fuck would he say that type of shit? jesus christ, something's off with him," it was his first time hearing about it and he was taken aback. jaehyun was never like that.

-

the day before the party, jungwoo and jaehyun had a small talk over at jungwoo's house. jungwoo just walked aeri back home and he already took a long shower because his work exhausted him the entire day. it was about 830 at night and he was just about to close his eyes and sleep but jaehyun knocked aggressively on his apartment door.

"dude get the fuck up," jaehyun pestered jungwoo, he took the nearest pillow he could find and threw it over to him. jungwoo groaned, begging him to leave cause he wanted his beauty sleep. "i need your opinion, should i bring chungha tomorrow?" was all jaehyun said to make jungwoo sit right up on his own bed.

he was about to sleep but after hearing that, his eyes were wide open. "my opinion is, what the fuck is wrong with you? you already have aeri tomorrow. do you know how awkward it will be for her? AND me?" jungwoo said, emphasizing on the and. jaehyun rolled his eyes and looked away.

"yeah but im planning to have my last talk with chungha tomorrow. by the end of tomorrow, she'll be out of my life. i just- i'm scared that if i finally get my closure, i'll be heartbroken. and i want you guys to be there for me," was jaehyun's excuse of bringing his ex girlfriend to his friend's college party.

"you're telling me tomorrow is gonna be the last time you ever think, talk and breathe this bitch?" jungwoo groaned, letting out a soft scoff. jaehyun nodded his head. "look, i know how much she hurt me. and i'm trying to get over her. not even for myself, but for-" he was about to finish his sentence but he stopped before he could even bring himself to.

jungwoo looked at him, "well? for who?" he asked, trying to let jaehyun speak but he just brushed it off. so jungwoo just rolled his eyes and threw him off the bed since he didnt want to tell what he was thinking off. "just- take care of aeri okay? tomorrow?" he said before taking his stuff and leaving.

-

"do you want to sit down here?" asked jungwoo, pointing to the first sofa they see in the apartment. it wasnt taken by anyone so he quickly ran to it and plopped himself onto there, giving anyone a deathly glare who dares to step near the sofa. aeri just laughed, told him to knock it off and then sat right next to him.

"i'll go get drinks!" jungwoo excitedly exclaimed, reassuring her that he'd be back soon before walking off to the beverage table. the music was blasting super loud and everyone was basically talking over each other. she hated parties, not because she hated the attention or anything. but because she always had bad memories at parties growing up.