three

[ july 7th, 2016, 2:34pm ]

aeri sat alone in the cafe, cold, freezing. she was supposed to wait for jaemin. since he promised to meet up with her because of distancing himself lately.

within the span of seven months, aeri and jaemin caught feelings for each other. but they didnt become official official. they just stayed as friends because they knew that being an item would complicate their lives.

but you know how everyone says that in a relationship, there's always someone who loves someone more than the other? well. in this relationship. aeri fell under "someone" and jaemin fell under "the other"

the beginning of june, it started. jaemin started to distance himself away from aeri and they both were aware of his own actions. but why didnt aeri confront him? every single time she wanted to go out, he'd fake a schedule just so they wont have to.

and that would turn into postponed outings, which never happened in the end. what was happening to jaemin? if aeri was smart, she would have seek help from mark, or donghyuck, or even jeno.

but aeri was scared. she was scared that if something was up, it would seem like as if she was bothering him and his group of friends. so she kept quiet.

aeri decided to wait. even though jaemin was 2 hours late, she still waited. that day, she waited for six hours. and wanna know the end to the story? jaemin didnt show up. so she left.

[ july 8th, 2016, 11:30 AM ]

aeri slammed her locker shut the moment she saw jaemin walk past by her without saying a word. she rolled her eyes. on the outside, she looked mad. but on the inside, her heart was breaking.

when she felt her heart break. she asked herself lots of questions. starting off with, what is this feeling that shes feeling? her heart says love. but her head says that youre too young to experience love.

but from what her mother has always said, no one is too young or too old to experience love. and that made her contradict herself. she wanted to believe that it was love that she was feeling.

because it would be so much easier to understand her feelings if she just concluded that it was love. so on that day, at 11:30 am exactly, kang aeri concluded that she loved na jaemin.

so on the 8th of july, aeri texted jaemin to meet her at the cafe that they always go to. because aeri knew that something was going on between them and she needed answers. and after all that, she thought of confessing to him.

when jaemin replied that he'd be there, aeri's heart lit up, filled with warmth and happiness. but she had no clue that the light in her heart was going to go out and that she would soon be feeling cold and empty instead of warmth and full.

[ july 8th, 2016, 5:38 PM ]

when aeri finished taking the first sip of her tea, jaemin started off and decided to break the ice between them. it's been a few weeks since they've last talked. and when aeri heard his voice after so long, she couldnt help but smile all to herself.

"hello, kang aeri," jaemin smiled. when he smiles, aeri always finds herself falling in love with him again. "it's been long since we last talked, right?" he effortlessly chuckled, taking off his coat and putting it down on the back rest of the chair.

aeri nodded her head. "we need to talk," she decided to speak up for herself. she was so excited to tell the news to the boy that was in front of her. so excited. she just wanted to blurt out that she loved him right then and there.