twenty four

[ 6th May, 2018, 2:21PM ]

aeri found a new friend. well, not that new. but she gained someone new into her life. an old buddy. na jaemin. it had been so long since jaemin and aeri talked, and when jaemin tapped on her shoulder that night out of coincidence, it felt like the universe did that for a reason. 

jaemin had always been good to aeri, he never hurt her in any way. even though he did leave her, it wasnt intentional, he did it only because he believed that there would be no hope for them to ever be together. even though he left her, she understood why. 

unlike mark. 

aeri and jaemin talked for so long that they're pretty sure they know whatever's happening in each other's lives right now. jaemin decided to stay single until he's fully satisfied with himself. and now he knows about jiyeon, jaehyun and jungwoo. 

jaemin was very supportive. he was so supportive that he even admitted - im so happy you found the right people in your life, aeri. it made aeri's heart warm, because she finally did find the right people. jaemin found out about jiyeon and he got annoyed with the way she was acting so he told her to never let jiyeon back into her life anymore. 

when aeri told jaemin about what happened at mark's graduation party, jaemin got agitated too. he said - mark said that? he's mental. im glad you broke up with him. jaemin was very supportive. his heart felt a sense of peace when he found out that aeri was happy. 

aeri found out many things about jaemin too. she found out that he stopped being friends with mark ever since he got together with aeri because it felt weird seeing his bestfriend with his ex. aeri apologized for that, jaemin just rolled his eyes, saying - we cant control who we fall in love with aeri. 

aeri also found out that jaemin moved to a new neighbourhood, and that was the reason why she never bumped into him at all. jaemin told her that he had nothing interesting going on in his life at the moment, so there wasnt any good gossip to tell her and he felt bad. but aeri just laughed it off. 

they got closer. just like before. but with no strings attached this time.

when jaemin heard about what happened with jaehyun and his ex girlfriend, he frowned. he said that jaehyun definitely still had feelings for her. he said that jaehyun was the type of guy to be oblivious about everything around him. that's why whenever girls throw themselves on him, he wouldnt even know that they actually want to get in his pants. 

jaemin comforted aeri, saying that - one day jaehyun will realize its you, above anyone else. 

they walked out of school together and they both agreed to get a drink at the cafe. the place where it all ended. but aeri tried to forget about it, she doesnt like him anymore. but it still felt weird to her, of course. 

-
[ 3:32PM ]

jungwoo saw the two of them come in and he let out a big smile. "you're here! i have so much to tell y-" he stopped himself when he found out it was jaemin that was right next to her. "jaemin?" jungwoo said, shocked. aeri smiled, "i'll tell you everything later! but long story short, we're friends now!" 

you would expect jungwoo to be upset, that aeri would even think about being friends with her ex boyfriend again. but he trusted aeri, and genuinely believed that jaemin was a good guy, so he was happy for her, to finally find a friend, a good one, definitely better than jiyeon. 

jungwoo beckoned them to their seats, and went on with his job.  aeri and jaemin just sat at the cafe till jungwoo finishes his shift. which was about 630 in the evening. maybe the reason why aeri and jaemin could be friends despite being exes, was because they had closure the day before.