thirty six

[ 8th November, 2018, 3:10PM ]

jaehyun woke up and finally the first person on his mind wasnt his bestfriend, kang aeri. for the past week, he had been struggling on keeping her off his mind. and finally today it worked. and as for aeri, she was indeed getting better. she started to tell herself that nothing would ever happen between them and her heart started to ache less.

well, in the end, she was still hurting, of course. but just not as much as it did before. both aeri and jaehyun wanted to move on from the situation. jaehyun was moving on just fine but aeri on the other hand, she came to terms the other day that one way or another she would always have this soft spot for her bestfriend.

one way or another, aeri believed that a small part of her would always look at jaehyun in a different light. and it's alright if he didnt feel the same. she came to terms with it, and finally she found it easier to go through her day without thinking of him all the time.

jaehyun regretted alot about what he did at the party. if he could turn back time, instead of walking off when kunhang came over, he wouldve stayed and got to know him better, that way he would still be with aeri throughout the party. even till today, jaehyun had no idea how much that day hurt aeri. and he wont know anytime soon.

not only it was because of how she saw him sleeping with another girl. but she had an encounter with mark lee, her ex boyfriend. and for the first time, she stood up to him, without jaehyun being there for her. he missed out on all of that. and aeri did want to tell him all about it, but then when she ran upstairs at the party, she saw how jaehyun clearly had other plans.

plans that were worth leaving her and jungwoo all alone downstairs.

anyway, when jaehyun woke up, the first thing he did was check his phone. yes, he woke up at 3pm because his finals were over and there were practically no lessons for him. plus, he actually woke up at 9am but he went back to sleep at 11.

no notifications from aeri or jungwoo. but there were tons from soomin. it was about like ten text messages, and like two from minsu. jaehyun ignored it for the time being. he went on instagram to check what his friends were up to, and when he clicked on aeri's story, he saw her hanging out with kunhang and jungwoo. he just pursed his lips, he didnt say much.

he didnt even think too much of it. he knew not to overreact because there was clearly a good reason why he wasnt invited, because he didnt know about kunhang. plus, the story was like two hours ago. he was still fast asleep, it didnt mean anything to him. scrolling on instagram here and there, he realized he was still following his ex girlfriend on that app.

finally, the moment we all have been waiting for, his heart was no longer beating fast for her, nor was his heart aching everytime he saw her. he just laughed to himself, and then he went on and unfollowed her. finally, after four years. he mustered the courage.

then he finally went to look over at his messages.

soomin has sent you a message
i cant stop thinking about that night

soomin has sent you a message
i still havent told anyone about it

soomin has sent you a message
are u sure u dont want a round two?

soomin has sent you a message
ill be better

jaehyun rolled his eyes. he didnt know how many times he had to tell her that it was a mistake. he was so close onto blocking her number, he didnt know why she was still so caught up about everything. he moved on, why couldnt she? it bothered him so much because she wouldnt leave him alone. this was the reason why he was afraid to hook up with a close friend.