twenty

[ 1st May 2018, 6:34PM ]

the last two days, jaehyun tried to apologize to aeri for the weird behaviour he displayed. aeri apologized for what she said too, he was probably tired and had a lot of things on his mind. she wasnt the type to hold grudges. things became normal soon after. i guess you could consider that their 'first argument' and it was over a stupid ex. 

aeri got ready for the party. it was a college party so she couldnt look ugly. she put on a simple black skirt with a small slit on the side with a pink lace top. she brought along her sweater just in case she got cold again, she wasnt going to let jaehyun lend her his sweater like the last time. jaehyun just wore loose black pants and on top of that, a sweatshirt over a collared tee. soft academia look. 

aeri kept thinking to herself, whether she made it obvious that she liked him that night. not so obvious right? knock! jaehyun appeared at her doorstep. again, jungwoo was driving. they were from the same school, of course they were gonna arrive to the party together. jaehyun smiled and complimented aeri and vice versa.

"aw, look at us! the dynamic trio!" jungwoo yelled from inside the car. on the short walk to the car, jaehyun whispered to aeri, "you're not mad at me right? i know i was a dick," but aeri just cut him off and shook her head. "we're good, trust me," before he hugged her.  and then off to the party they go. 

-

"damn, jaehyun got himself a young one," someone sneered the second the three of them stepped into the party. it already made aeri uncomfortable. jungwoo rolled his eyes, annoyed at how 'boys were being boys'. jaehyun whispered into aeri's ear, "if anyone touches you, just tell me. and if you're uncomfortable, find me or jungwoo," butterflies in her stomach, again.

she was sick of feeling them but what could she do? it's not like she could control how she felt.  she nodded then trailed behind jaehyun into the party. why was she even here? she thought to herself. it was a new environment for her, she felt like she shouldnt be there. so she quickly put on her sweater that she brought along. 

"would you be okay alone? we have to talk to someone at the moment," jaehyun pulled aeri into a corner. we being him and jungwoo. aeri didnt want to seem clingy so she just agreed. jaehyun smiled then said, "i'll leave you here okay? they are my very good girl friends," tapping on the backs of two girls. 

one of the girls had short black hair and the other had long blonde hair. both of them wearing a bodycon dresses, four fingers above their knees. the two girls realized it was jaehyun and they put on a big smile and hugging him tight. according to jaehyun, the one with the black hair was named soomin and the one with the blonde hair was named minsu. 

jaehyun left aeri to be alone with two girls he trusted. he knew they would take care of her. "so, you're aeri, right?" soomin asked, taking a sip of her drink. aeri nodded, she was a bit awkward at first, of course. it was understandable. "if you're feeling out of place. dont be, you're not the only highschooler here. these guys bring girls even younger than you," soomin continued, trying to make aeri feel better. 

but aeri just furrowed her eyebrows in disgust. "sick, right? men are so gross here," minsu joined in the conversation. "but it's fine, the girls here know the guys who have been preying on highschoolers. when we sense danger, we try to help those girls," she exclaimed. aeri smiled, "you guys are so sweet." was all aeri could say. 

"dont mention it. hey! you want a drink?" soomin offered aeri a drink, she left to go get her some and came back with a can of soda. she handed it to her, aeri thanked her and apologized for the trouble. "oh no, dont apologize! i heard from jaehyun you dont drink, and this is the only can they have in the fridge right now,"