Gym Class

What the hell is he doing? I thought we lost him! Pete rolls his window all the way down and gives us those I'm going to kill you in a flirty way grins. It is very irksome, so when the light turns green, which felt like an eternity, I take a deep breath and hit the gas pedal. He guffaws with Jake and I drive faster and faster. He's right behind me. I can't see behind me because I know Alexa is going to flip out but he's right behind me. Why is he chasing me? Is it seriously because of a stupid knee in the thigh? I guess nobody ever stood up to him ever so I guess he has never gotten used to getting hurt. "Hit the radio!" I shout like the wind is taking over my voice. Wind goes around and blows heavy strands of hair in the air. "You got it!" She hits the button and electric rock vibes fill the air and I dance along with it. I feel like this is an action movie but in a more realistic way rather than cars jumping over each other and guns getting pulled out. It's more like a guy you hate is tracking you down right behind you while you're listening to punk music. Yeah, basically. "Let's go to Dad's house.." I mutter as I make a sharp turn to the left. We were on his street because I noticed the super old Arby's. When I stop in front of someone's driveway, I see his black SUV heading straight to my house. Ha beat that jackass. "Let's roll baby." Rolling the windows down and lifting one arm in the air like I'm a rebel, we head straight with full speed. I'm tired of being the fucking goody two shoes always allowing my sister to go and do whatever she wants. I have right too, right? It's not like I want to do those stuff what she does but I just want to be free like her. Lex screams and yells until her throat hurts. This is a school day, but I don't give a shit. I'm not going to stay at Dad's house the whole night. Right?

10 min later...

I press the brake and pull out my dangly keys from the key slot. Dad always loved to garden so there are fake sunflowers and lilies that are bloomed and almost 4ft tall. It's autumn so it's not the best season to start growing flowers. They're going to die sooner or later. Pots of vibrant pinks and yellow pedals line up his steps to the porch. Lex behind me, I step on the welcome mat and ring the flowery decorated doorbell. "Casey! What are you doing here?" Dad hunched over like he's a 13 year old girl with a cramp. I couldn't help but ask, "Hey Dad, um what happened to your um you know.." I haven't figured out how to say the phrase nicely. "Oh honey, Daddy has a bit of a stomach ache. You know how Stephanie cooks." He whispers a short chuckle and greets Alexa behind me. Stephanie never was a good cook. Our my 15th birthday, she made cookies. The bad thing was, it was black and came out with crumbly. I walk in like I haven't been here for ages. To the right is the beautiful granite top counters in the kitchen as well with more flowers hanging above the cabinets. This looks like a professional cook's kitchen. To the left is the flat screen T.V. and pictures lining the walls that lead to the hallway. Just some pictures of Caley and I. Leather couches line the walls and a big coffee table in the middle. To the left corner though, is the massaging chair. Dibs. "Oh, hey sweetie. I didn't expect you coming here." Stephanie walks down the hard wood steps dressed in a pair of shorts and a pink tank top thinking it's still okay to wear it when you're like 5 decades old. It's not okay. She walks closer and pulls me in for a hug. She is right. Why did I come here? Oh yeah, to get away from Pete trying to throttle me to death for kicking him in the I think thigh ( I hope ). But why here? I heard laughing coming from the living room so I headed there. I make my way in and sadly Dad got the massaging chair so I sigh rubbing the excess sweat that I created in my hands, on my dark wash jeans. "What's so funny?" I cocked and eyebrow trying to lower the tension in the room from Stephanie. "Your dad's hilarious! He told me a story about a group of girls peeing their pants because your dad came out of the bushes dressed as Slenderman! The girls were our age! 17!" She guffawed which sounded like an ostrich giving birth. I glance a view of my dad. He looks pretty young but his greyish white beard covers his face. He's bald so I can't tell if he has white hair yet. Probably does. Stephanie walks over to him and sits obviously on his lap. She tongue kisses him and he seems to be enjoying it. Like I said, I can't spend 5 min with my dad alone. How rude. Not rude but way to make a situation super awkward, Steph. They were so busy doing their thing that they didn't even catch us leave the living room and into the kitchen. Opposite of mom, dad should own a restaurant! He's a genius when it comes to cooking. He knows the amount of salt to add and how long to keep something in the oven. When me and Cales were like 10 years, we loved his lasagna. You're probably wondering why I said "loved." When mom and dad left for their gooey dates we liked to call them back then, we made "lasagna" cheese spilt on the counters and red sauce spread on the cabinets in the kitchen. Yeah, great times. Dad never made lasagna ever from that day. "Let's go Casey. They're probably having sex in the living room right now." She felt actually looked really uncomfortable. I felt bad for bringing her along. I was the one who kneed him not her. "Okay let's go. I'll text Dad later." I prepare myself to walking myself across the living room because that's where the door is. Then the craziest thing happened. They were both already on the couch stripped with a blanket covering themselves. Talk about ew. Alexa gave me those I told you so looks and headed for the doorknob. They were still kissing so I just left. I can't be looking at this. Before they divorced, dad used to do this with mom and now he's doing "it" with her. Taking a deep breath of fresh air, I pitter patter down the wooden steps. "Hey, I just noticed your ankle is free from your cast!" She's stupid to realize that now. "Umm yeah whatever, let's go." I spin the keys around my index finger while walking to the car. Ah, the smell of autumn. Beautiful oranges and reds circling the grass and dead trees. I start the car and text Caley that your boyfriend is a total jerk face. As I reverse from dad's driveway I have that feeling that he isn't my real dad. I don't know why, but my gut has that ache of knowing something here is wrong. I lean back in the seat and bring my hand to my forehead. All this drama in one day, seriously it's exhausting running away from a guy. Opening the car door, I stand fixing my blue hoodie that managed to get all twisted from the 45 min drive. Launching my bag onto my shoulders I make my way to the house. Alexa lives across the street from me so we said our goodbyes and went our own separate ways. Looking side to side I create goosebumps running up my arm even though I had a pretty thick sweater. I felt like someone was watching me. I hear the bushes shake and I'm scared as hell. Something jumps out and I yell for help. I'm paralyzed....

Hey guys! I hope you liked this little cliffhanger at the end. I decided to add the father in this update because I haven't mentioned him very much in the last chapters. In the future, I will be writing about the dad don't worry! Thanks for reading this update and please feel free to comment on how you think about it! Cyber hug!
Love- Fatima