Gym Class

You know how when you wake up and you have no idea where you are? Yeah that's what happened to me. With a pounding painful headache I hoist myself out of bed. Thank god I was wearing slippers. The floor was super icy cold! Just saying! Looking around the room I wonder where I am and then it clicks inside my head. The hospital. Before she went to sleep we had a little chit chat, me and Caley. Weeping into her hospital gown she bawls and gives me apologies after the other. Smoking weed was a stupid mistake of her to do but I have to support her no matter what, she's my sister. Mom just left a text saying she went home somewhere in the early morning when we were cuddling side by side on the bed. She sent me a picture. Oh god kill me! Caley drooling on my hair and me snoring with my mouth wide open. What if she used that as her Facebook profile picture? One time like 13 years ago she used a picture of me and Caley naked in a tub. Yeah it's cute in a way but not when your uncles and stalkerish aunts screenshot them. She also texted me that she'll tell call the school to let them know that I'm not going today. Probably everybody in the school knows that Caley's in the hospital because she is the most popular girl in school and she also made it into cheerleading. Caley still asleep, I grab my car keys and shuffle over to her to give her a kiss. Smoothing the brown tangled wet hair from the saliva, I force myself to trot over to the door and leave her alone. I mean I want to stay here with her but school is way more important. A total jerk I sound right now, it's the best thing to do rather than hearing your twin blab on and on about her taking drugs like marihuana and getting a stupid tattoo on her collarbone. Everything around me is still, quiet and cold. Me in Lex's pyjama shorts it's freezing. Outside the window is a white thin blanket over the grass and cars. This is a mistake because the Halloween isn't coming until next week! Damn time flies I didn't even pick out a costume yet. Gotta text the bae ( Alexa ) for shopping. Tightening my straps of my backpack until it's comfortable I take a deep breath and walk out in the cold weather after letting the doctor and nurses know. The lobby smells like coffee and bagels since of course it was morning. I can see Cale's hospital bedroom from the window outside and she's still sleeping soundly in the warm comfy covers with the softest pillows on the ground of Earth. Wind racing around me as if it was running away from someone and the sound of crunchy leaves under her adorable bunny slippers. It pulls on little strands of my thick brown hair and that's the moment I should be running to my ghetto car. I can't scream because something in my throat is blocking all the sound I want to make. I twist my car keys in the slot and turn on the heater. Hot air rushes out of its little slot while my teeth clench together and shiver in this ratchet weather. Fuck, it's only October! 2 months after school started! Going into reverse, I drive home dealing with the sound of snow on my tires. Time to blast some music of my choice. Minutes later, Michael Jackson sings through my little radio thing and I tap my fingers on the steering wheel to jam out. The last song of him ends when I pull out my keys from the key slot. Cautiously opening the sound of the creaky door of my house making sure I won't wake mom up, I stand at the doorway and I'm so scared that I don't have the urge to close the door. I came here just to change in some casual looking clothes but someone stops me in my tracks. I shouldn't be scared at all it's just the timing that's all. There I see mom, Stephanie and dad. Mom looks freaked out as hell and when my brain finally started to function, I slammed the door shut. The smell of smoke diffuses on the bottom of my nose and it's probably from you know who (Dad ). Making my way around the couch I kneel down and sit awkwardly beside my mom. She fixes her gaze off dad and stares at me giving me the why are you here look. Aren't I suppose to ask them that? I glare and fix my eyes toward Stephanie and clench my fricken cold fists. She is a red head with the same eye colour as mine. A little on the heavy side for weight and grey streaks of hair in her beautiful vibrant red hair. She looked beautiful the first time I saw her but I don't want to even look at her face. Mom and her don't get along very easily and almost after every dinner my mom would put up, she'd burst into tears right after. They wouldn't even call her to tell that they were coming over back then. Finally breaking the silence I come forth and speak with a choked up voice, "Why are they here mom? I never really saw a text coming from them that they were." I mean I loved and cherished the good old memories with Dad but I can't stand the wicked witch with the super awesome red hair. Pushing my hair out of the way, I twist it into a bun and adjust my blue cotton sweater that I wore the day before. That reminds me of how I kneed Pete in... you know what that's not our biggest problem. "Umm honey we have to tell you something which I think you're ready to hear..." She drifts off her first sentence then stares dad down until he clears his throat and trying so hard to keep his voice nice and even. "Hey Casey sweetie, this is sort of hard to say but I'm not..." He clears his throat again and Steph seeing that he needs some assistance she rubs his knee and carries on with whatever he was going to say. Mom is just sitting here now lacing her fingers through mine if she's supporting me of some sort. What's going on? I'm so confused I cock an eyebrow in his direction to help me out. "Honey, your biological father umm passed on 6 months after you were born by a car accident. Your mom then re-married your Dad and took care of you ever since." My heart shatters into a million pieces. Stephanie then clears her throat and awaits for my reaction. Well, my reaction showed me with terror filled eyes and my breathing going faster in an uneven pace. I risen from my couch and face my mom. I'm devastated and infuriated. How did she not tell me! Anger fills in me and my cold hands start to tremble with all the pressure and unhappiness. "HOW DID YOU NOT TELL ME!" I snap with ferocity and anger. She stares at me with her beautiful green eyes turning wet and tears streaming down her cheek.
"Honey please calm down I was just-"
"Just what?" I retort and wait for her to give me one of her cliché explanations like I didn't know how or I was too scared to tell you. Yeah, too scared for the past 17 years of my life. "Casey calm down sweetie it's okay you shouldn't be yelling at your mom for this." Dad gave me a calm serene look that got me all the time. He wasn't my dad. The dream I had not too long ago was giving me a message about the person speaking to me thinking it's okay to talk to me. No wonder we never looked liked him. Almost every person we came across to told us that we had nothing in common with him. We have green eyes and he has grey. With healthy brown locks of hair, dad was the total opposite of having black hair before he shaved it.
"Honey I'm so sorry." Mom walks over to beside me and gives me her tight meaningful hugs. I couldn't resist so I sob along with her. His name, birthday; nothing. I never seen his face before in my life but he'd probably been a pretty chill dad. Why did she re-marry? I pull away ever so slightly to force and push myself to ask the question. Heartbroken as she was it was too hard, "Where is he buried and what was his name?" Mom sits down and grabs a tissue from the box on the coffee table to readjust herself. Sitting up straight and clearing her throat, she begins, "A year or two before you were brought into this world, I met your father. An artist he was and always happy. His beautiful blue eyes with my green everybody called us the perfect couple. When you and your sister were born, and was brought home, Jeff was so happy that he was going to go and buy some canvas and some paint to being the crazy person he was..." Her shoulders were shaking as if she was crying. Who am I kidding she probably was. I was tired of standing so I sat with my mom, "While sitting on my bed with you two in my arms I thought I was the luckiest woman alive. Until the phone rang and my mother in law called saying that he got into a car accident. His burial was just tragic and I couldn't keep it together. He's now 6ft deep in the Mountain View Cemetery." Finally done her speech she rushed upstairs bawling as she went. I couldn't say anything while I stare at the couple sitting on the chairs across from me. Standing up with fake confidence I back step all the way to the front door. With a last glance of the house while zipping up my jacket and boots, I dig into my backpack to find my keys. "See you later in life, Ralph..." Giving him a stare that made him wide eyed along with Stephanie as well, I swing open the door and shut it with a good dramatic exit. That felt really good to call him by his first name. I'll text mom later but first I need to figure out where I should go.

Hey guys! I hope you like this chapter or update of my story and I have so many other things planned that you guys are going to freak out about no joke! Alright well no totally, but I got some juicy details ready in my notes right now. I'll probably update tomorrow or even tonight. Thanks for reading this but please read the previous one! The drug Caley took is marihuana because if you don't remember, Melissa forced her to take drugs in the 9th grade so yeah. This book is almost done so yeah cyber hug!
Fatima <4