Gym Class

"Stop it Pete." I reply quite harshly in a whisper which wasn't really one since I was still half yelling. He deserved it since he's not "spilling the beans"; this would be a lot harder than I thought it would be. "What? I swear I did not write that down. Well I did..." He continued but trailed off looking into my eyes while I did his. Confusion and intensity drowned around his eyes while he stared at my lips. It was such an urge but I'm going to be smart to get it out before I can act all lovey dovey towards him but it was so bothersome not to. Plus what did he mean by I did? So he planned it previously before me, like he had previous girlfriends? Casey, you should have seen this coming. He's the most popular and hottest guy in school so this is his signature move, maybe. Cocking my eyebrow still suspicious of his words that started to immigrate into my mind, I asked desperately literally glueing my hands together and pleading, "Then who gave it to me?! Dammit!" I was so confused and really miffed about it so I grabbed his shirt without thinking second thoughts and we were practically touching foreheads in a middle of a bathroom. This wasn't what I was thinking of how I was going to plan this at all, I swear! He just barged in the bathroom. "I don't know." He looked defeated and sagged his shoulders not knowing the unknown. "Casey! Come on the party started!" Cal interrupted from downstairs breaking our thoughts. I let go of his pirate, ripped up shirt and wiped the dried up tears from my eyes while walking out the door. Seeing Dad in the guest room with his ginormous bucket of blood pouring it on people. I walk in nonchalantly faking like I'm trying to enjoy the party. "Hey Daddy can I speak with you for just a second if you don't mind?" Biting my lip afraid that he's still annoyed and depressed from my behaviour. Guessing mistakenly, "Oh Case Face of course we can, just watch these girls!" Looking amused, he dumps the whole bucket on top of a slutty doll and a little red riding hood from below. Screeches fill up the entire neighbourhood causing Dad and I too hunch over and laugh heartily non stop. I felt pretty good letting out a good laugh since I've been weeping like every day. Containing his laughter after forever, he cleared his throat, sitting after groaning from his back. "Okay honey what's on your mind?"
"Dad I just want to apologize for what I did and for calling you by your first name and, I knew you wanted to keep it from me because if I was younger I would be worse than what I did. I'm really sorry, I was just really angry." Waiting patiently, I stare while he absorbs the entire respond tapping his lip with his index finger. Then he smiles at me with hurt in his eyes but tries to hide it, "Baby I'm okay with it even though it was pretty harsh." We both laugh, "I understand that taking all that information in one day can be aggravating and infuriating." I smiled and hugged him meaningfully thanking him for accepting my brief apology. "Honey you're always welcome here no matter what the consequences are." He kissed my head sending me off downstairs while he refills his bloody jug. Pete stands there surprisingly, looking at me briefly; when does he not look at me briefly? That's my question to you. Holding the rail tightly, I look at the ground looking at the details of my basic white flats. "Did I remind you that you look gorgeously gruesome?" He smiles even though I don't see it but I hide my face covering my rose red cheeks by blushing. I dare to look him in the eye and whisper so faintly, "Who sent me that sticky note?" Looking down I grab the sticky note from my black leggings from underneath and unite the paper into his hands. Examining it from every angle, he gazes at me and says to follow him into the room again. After shutting the door, "I wrote that for Caley because I wanted to break up with her for you know what.." He drawled feeling a little embarrassed by saying it because I mean he should. "Then who took that precious little sticky note of yours probably from your room and tape it on my wall?" He shrugs taking his eyepatch off probably because it was bothering him. Then I remembered I have to go downstairs flashback to when Cal called me down. "I have to go downstairs, and Pete... I believe you." Letting that out was not what I expected and I couldn't stop the words that were tumbling out of my stupid mouth. He smiled that gentle understanding smile of his and embraced me while I suffocated. He was enjoying it. "I'm not letting you off the hook that easily buddy, I'm still going to found out who it is and you owe something to my sister since you broke her innocent little heart." I half joked but I really meant it since he really was going to dump her on a sticky note. That's worse than physical dumping, that's what all people at school talk about these days. "Yeah okay." Was all he said. I turned my heel and swiftly headed down the stairs. Melissa had arrived non surprisingly in my opinion because Cal had mentioned earlier at home that she texted "Melli" to come over since Alexa was coming with us. Sneering in my direction, Melissa trots over like a normal human being which she wasn't and declared, "How's the breakup going Casey? That sticky note was kind of difficult to put it up in your room since there were posters everywhere."
How could I not see this coming?