Chapter 11

As we trudged away, I kept dazing. Right into the sky showing off its beauty. This sounds cheesy, I know, but the stars almost seem like little holes poked into the dark sky; showing little bits of what heaven will be like.

My converse shoe laces were undone due to the moment on the swings before. Pete held Melissa casually by the waist by using his strong arms pushing the stroller.

What a bitch. Pete gave my sister bruises over her faces and then there he is enjoying the night not caring where she is. He ruined both of us, she was even mad at me. He ruined both our lives. Jake did too for a short while, well not on purpose.

Alexa was at the hospital enjoying her month long nap, literally, while U.S. Around her were frustrated. Mrs. Sterling was surprisingly cheerful which I think is part of shock and frustration too. Whenever I talk with the doctors he always suppresses a hit of a grin. I always ask what's the matter, yelling in his face that this isn't a joking matter but he shakes his head and walks away.

Mason was at home barely eating anything or sleeping. He always started outside the windows with chapped lips and shadows under his eyes. This kid is five and he cares that much. Dad was worried too when he wasn't occupied drinking and "getting laid" with Stephanie.

Mom was always at business conferences and sometimes out of town checking up on her workers. Jake was trying not to be seen hiding behind a bush while they talked. I could only make out a few words.
"Nerissa" and "bruises" and then "father drinking a lot".

Noah made little baby noises like all angelic babies do when they're young and adorable.

Minutes passed and they finally walked away after discussing the hot gossip at school. When I looked at him, he stared back at me grinning a wide grin. Jake's eyes were a brilliant blue with a nice jawline. He looked down at my lips then at me again. I nodded my head once then we carried off what we left when he saw Pete. I put my arms inside his jacket keeping them warm. His body tensed for only a millisecond but then continued leaving trail of kisses down my jazz.

"Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?" Oh for Christ sake! I groan going over to the bench, lifting my leg and grabbing my phone from the sleeve of my converse. Smart eh?

"Hello?" I answer and I know it's from the hospital because it's Alexa's phone.
"Casey? Honey? S-some-th-thing h-happened to my b-ba-by!" Mrs. Sterling sounded devastated and that gave me enough to hang up and run towards Jake's car.

"Get in!" I yell not waiting for him to buckle up. I hit the gas getting out of the parking lot. I pull the windows down allowing the hit breeze chill my bones. I love Jake for not saying anything, giving me enough space to sort things out. The hospital came into view 4 minutes later. I started speeding.

Rushing through the hallways felt sort of different this time. My heart felt like it was going to bust through the butt and my throat felt like I dry swallowed a big pill. Sweat bested my forehead but had no action to swipe it away.

"Casey, this way please." The doctor ushered me over with a huge smile on his face. I wanted to punch him in the face for thinking this was some circus. The doors opened and I dropped my phone. Darn it cracked again. I had no heartbeat.

She was awake.

Hey guys! This is the chapter where I announce that good old Alexa is awake from her month or two long coma. I wanted her to wake in this chapter because I said that her mom and the doctor always smiled at every appointment or visit so from that I soda she was awake because I felt like I didn't use her much in the story. See you again! Thanks again and cyber hug!
Fatima <4