Gym Class

Head hurts. Everywhere is painful. My brain feels like it exploded and all the pieces are spilling out of my ears. Opening them slowly, my eyelids are met with at least a crowd surrounding my bed.
Wait. Why am I on a bed?
"She's alive! She's alive!" Someone screams into my eardrum, but when I was covering them I felt a gauze surrounding my head and bandages after bandages around my ankle.
"What's going on?" I whispered to Alexa on the right side of my, I guess, hospital bed.
"Dude you were totally knocked out when Pete hit you in the head. You were unconscious for like half an hour and when you went to fall, you landed on you're ankle and broke it."

Wow that's harsh.

"Where is he?" I spat out knowing nothing else to say. I going to fix that little ass. Well, as soon as I get off this hospital bed.
"He's gone, didn't even check to see if you were okay but he did give me this." Alexa reached in her shirt and pulled out a piece of paper. Why in the bra Lex? I open the paper and there isn't a sorry note or anything. All it says it "Art Room - after school"

"He's probably going to make out with you for apologizing to you!" Lex laughed with her head thrown back. What an idiot.
"Alexa?"
"Yeah?"
"Shut up."
"Okay.."
As we reached the art room Lex promised that she'll be outside waiting for me, I think we all know that she's going to meddle by pressing her ear to the door and when we're done she'll race outside. I bet $15 dollars. I take a deep breath and open the door slightly to make I wasn't being fooled. But there he was sitting and texting on his iPhone. My stupid crutches already start to hurt my armpits. As I slowly make my way in, he lifted his head and smiles.

That's a good thing right?

"Huh, you actually showed up." What else did he expect me to do? He did give me instructions anyway, so I had to follow him. Plus, I am expecting to hear the word sorry come out of his mouth by the end of this conversation.
"Um yeah, what else did you expect me to do?" I questioned him while playing with the bottom hem of my plaid shirt.
"Actually I could tell you don't like me.." This is a surprise to him now? We were in the same class. Since grade 2. I still never liked him since. "You know dating your sister is like, kind of awkward but I love her all the same." What is he trying to do? Trying to make chit chat with me or something? "I just want to let you know that I'm going to be spending a lot of time at your house so better not mess with me." He nudges me on the shoulder purposely and walks out the door. I'm dumbfounded. How did she not tell me? Am I not important to her? I reach out to grab my phone, go straight to contacts and press "Sister".
"Hey Case, what's up?"
"What's up?"
"Umm yeah what's going on? You sound pissed."
"How could you not tell me that you're dating Pete!" I never realized I screamed into the phone. I think the janitors heard. Whatever, I'm pissed.
"You don't like him, so why should I tell you?"
"Oh umm I don't know because you're my sister and this is a secret you shouldn't be keeping from me, WE'RE SISTERS FOR GODS SAKE!" My face turns hot, and my hands shake.
"Hey, I have to go bye..." Not at all stricken by my words she hung up. I throw my hands in the air, scream in frustration and drop them by my sides. "This world is so fucked up." I muttered as I jump off the steps and hop in my Toyota. As I reverse I keep thinking of the words Pete said. "Better not mess with me." What did that even mean? I get out of my car which was the hardest part of the day and walk to the porch and unlock the door with my keys. "Hey mom, I'm home" I say as I drop my bag and awkwardly make my way to the kitchen. There, I stop in my tracks. Eating dinner is Mom, Casey and Pete.

What the hell.