Gym Class

"Casey? Are you alright?" Sweat trickled at the back of my neck bringing thick strands stuck to my damp skin. I was on the ground cradling myself hyperventilating like a maniac frightened like I had just seen a ghost. She comes over to me helping me up sitting on the bed comforting me by rubbing my back. "What time is it?" I question glancing at her phone placed in her lap. She answers, 4:45. I nod still trying to forget of what's stuck in my mind, some creepy person in my house. I can't even feel safe in my own house. These memories of when I was a little 8th grader keep racing back to me in flashback hitting me like a tsunami. "Casey?" I look back at her meeting a puzzled expression plastered on her face while she snaps her fingers. Pet peeve. "What's wrong?" She asks again with this time more desperation fills in her voice pleading with her eyes. I felt so lonely, no Mom and no sister. No Pete. I have been trying to escape these memories for the past four years but they never left. My hair a mess with my uneven breathing, she looks at me terrified like I'm the monster. "You can tell me anything." Asking, well more like begging, she looks devastated but I shake my head not trying to spill anything right now. I was cut off with denial with Noah's high pitched screaming coming from downstairs. We both get startled racing down when I see Noah on the floor out of his car seat. Mel pulls him up from the floor caressing it cradling it securely frightened with my little hairs standing up one by one. What has gone wrong? Everything was perfectly normal until the thing I've been trying to get rid for years shows up at the perfect timing. When will this stop? "Maybe I should go." She said strapping the fussy baby with its tears dripping down from its chin, grabbing her coat. Opening the door, desperate to move, Melissa swiftly passes me muttering a faint goodbye while I stand dumbfounded into the evening sky.
*
"Riiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnggggggg!!!" The school bells ring as I clutch my backpack straps a little too hard digging into the material. Everybody at school spins their heads in my direction, pity drowned in their eyes. Just because my sister ended up in a hospital nearly 2 weeks ago, doesn't mean forever, they have to show pity every time I walk in publicly. The last thing I want to see is this. Turning towards my calculus class, Nerissa comes into my viewpoint. Her perfect placed curls swept to one side, her nice pressed dress with beautiful lace. She told me once that she was in a good relationship with Pete, for quite a while but now she can't even look him in the eye like they've been holding grudges. "Pete!" He comes into my sight once I turned left heading to my locker. He seemed startled at first hesitating with the phone at his ear. His eyes literally lit up with joy and excitement when he saw me just how I was feeling. "Casey." Nonchalantly, he smiles pleasantly kissing my forehead stroking a piece of hair. "Haven't seen you in a while."
"Oh shut up it's only been a day or two."
"For me, it's eternity." He smirked that adorable smile of his but then avert my gaze my cheeks turning into a tinted red.
"Jerk. I have to go to Calculus." Showing him my schedule in total disgust, dropping the topic of flirting before I embarrass myself further. Pushing my way around him trying my hardest not to think of those rock hard abs, I walk down the skinny hallway filled with people staring me down. Seriously the floor should open up and swallow me in because right now I feel completely awkward. Pete's friend Jake I think that's his name walks passed me shoving his shoulder right into mine, purposely. "Umm excuse me?" Talking to him was a bad idea because he glared at me angrily, along with smirking deviously. "Hope your sister is doing well, princess." Was all he said before he jerked away feeling accomplished in making me angry. First of all, I'm not a princess. That jerk doesn't need to talk about my sister always bringing up the topic of the hospital. He probably spread hundreds of rumours by now. I wonder how Pete even became friends with him in the first place now that his real colours shown right in front of me. Shaking the thought of him spreading rumours off my head, I enter the room smelling like old wood with a hint of flowers. The room seemed normal with the desks lined up in rows and the classical chalkboard which I guess is a hundred years old, along with the teacher's desk in the far corner in the front of the classroom. Drawing the least attention, I sit to the far corner towards the front because I hate when all the jocks and popular a sit in the back either checking your ass or throwing paper balls when the teacher doesn't notice. The old tired man walks in with his shoulders hunched and a briefcase in one. Mr.Walsh hates loud sounds so it's impossible to enjoy the good side of him; always grumpy with a straight face along with a strict attitude towards us innocent angelic students who seem to be as nice. Yeah let's be real here. "All right class settle down we have some work and learning to do." Monotone voiced, he begins with his lesson but since I'm a straight A student, I decide to zone out, daydream, go out of my tracks thinking of last evening's incident with the phone and Noah on the ground and the bra and underwear thing. I still haven't received any news of Caley if she's doing all right and why she hadn't taken along her cellular device since it's always glued to her hand. "Miss Rempleton are you alright?" The teacher looks at me strangely with both hands grounded to his desk. "Yes sir, sorry was a little of guard that's it." He grunts muttering something about kids not paying any attention these days while I sink down because I hear some people chuckling or muttering something to their friends. The rest of the afternoon went I guess pretty normal trying to get use to the fact that Alex is at her appointments or check ups. She would be saving a cafeteria spot on our usual table way away from the populars right now rolling her eyes in disgust while eating her roast beef sandwich. I really do miss her but there can still be a chance that she might make it out alive. Our free period had begun making me casually walking around the school's grounds hearing the sounds of my Converse scraping the cement. Pete had told me to stay out here because apparently he has some sort of surprise. The snow had started to melt but we all know in the city of Vancouver, it will be a blizzard sometime next week. Caley rushes towards me showing worry and an apologetic expression. "I'm sorry for leaving you in the car it's just that you were so heavy and looked peaceful. My phone. Do you have it?" She seemed to have just gotten out of bed considering her pyjamas are on and her bad morning breath. I reach into my pocket digging out her phone and she grasped it as soon as she spotted it. I even heard her mutter "my baby". Seriously it's a god damn phone! "Your welcome and why did you leave me in the house alone?" What kind of sister leaves her to her nightmares alone? The thought made me shiver a little bit I left out that little detail. I'd tell her later. "Dude you're almost I mean we are almost adults. I left because Mel said she needed help with the baby. I picked you up in a way that you shouldn't imagine and left the phone in my room. Voila!" She bows to no one explaining the whole thing and it all seemed to click. "Caley is asking for more milk." Ah. That makes much more sense. "So let me guess you're borrowing her clothes and literally just got out of bed?"
"Yep. I did brush my hair so..."
"Whatever. Hey did you open the attic?" I asked pleading in my mind that she did because I don't want to be that freaked out teen in horror movies. "Oh yeah! I found an old picture of mom with this man since I figured out that he's our real dad. I was freaking out at first smashing my hands at everything but I eventually got over it. I slid the picture in your scrapbook." She smiled apologetically because she could see the worried and frightened expression I was wearing. I hugged her smelling cigarettes from her hair which hadn't been washed but hey whatever. "I'll see you later Casey." Caley backed away still grasping my hands then letting go strutting towards the building until a swarm of people are her up. A gentle tap on the shoulder awakened me from the daydream I was experiencing but when I turned around I was ht by a squirt of water. Literally being squirted my someone since my contacts fell out. "Ahhh!!" I screech blocking my hands covering me but that didn't work, sadly. The touch of coldness hit me sending shivers and making me wrap my arms around me protectively. "What the fuck?" I shout bringing a few people laughing from the corner but couldn't figure who they were. Then I hear a male laugh. Pete. Oh what a wonderful surprise.

Hey guys! I'm leaving to Thailand tomorrow and I'm excited. Thanks for the votes and comments you're leaving me it's seriously motivating me to write more and more. I'll not or maybe write on my trip because if I get lucky I can get free wifi. I love you lovely people to infinite and beyond helping to bring my goal completed. I really want 10k on this but my dream will need patience. You guys should seriously talk with me because I love to make new internet friends! This is getting boring and cheesy but you are my world and I don't know what I'd do without you guys. Thanks and cyber hug!
Fatima <4