Chapter 9

"Casey wake up!" Caley tackles me suffocating me, while bopping up and down. I groan into the pillow which is being dug right in my face, having lack of oxygen afraid of dying. School is today and it had to be on the day I confront Pete, with his secret girlfriend, or should I say sex partner. Right after that winning smirk of his, he dozed off trailing no footprints or anything since the damn snow started to clear away which everybody was celebrating about. I'm very glad I didn't get to share any secrets with him, he would've told everybody in the school. Melissa, I thought I trusted her, my good chunk of childhood that stayed with our family for at least a decade. Her face totally reminds me of the times we used to pull each other's hair, or feeding rotten food which was in the fridge for over a month. She gave a me rotten cheese bagel, hell I was sick for quite some time then. After that, I choked up a sob but swallowed it down, thinking of all the times he's been really sweet or inner serious talking about his dead brother, sharing a piece of his past with me. Being with Pete made me feel stronger, confident more put out and now he's build a huge hole for me to fall back into. The fangirls are still deviously plotting a plan to throttle me to death with their ugly pink manicured hands but I gave up. He hurt me so bad, me feeling empty, lonely even. Is this how my first heartbreak was going to be like? Thinking all these thoughts that brushes passed my mind and magically disappearing in seconds I get out f bed sluggishly, while Caley badinages me about not being a morning person. All I need is the Vampire Diaries, Teen Solf and a cup of coffee to submit my life. I couldn't face school when my ex is going to be there cheerfully accepting his popularity reputation. I pick out some jeans and a white t-shirt and head down stairs slouching down from the heavy weight of my backpack. "Caley are you coming or what?" Angrily, I snap waiting for her to finish smoking while I started the car for some heat to spill in. "Yeah come on we're going to be late!" She drops her cigarette stomping on to get all the ashes out, and hops into the seat next to me. The worst thing is I didn't even tell her that Pete was the one.
*
"Riiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnngggggg!" The bells roared bursting my eardrums. Ah, school the smell of high stress levels and sweat from the jocks. Walking down, everybody turns their heads looking at me either wide eyed sympathetic or like I was some piece of trash that has been rotting for months. "That poor little thing."
"What a whore." Er, ouch. Everyone passes by me but when I turned to look at them craning my neck, they averted all their gazes ashamed. What the hell is going on? Alexa wasn't here with me which was a good excuse, hospital appointment, the usual. Nerissa, to me surprisingly, tramples over the cheerleaders and their boyfriends meeting my gaze eye to eye. "It's good to see you back here, asshole."
"What the fuck was that for?" I question flabbergasted by her hurtful saying of a welcoming hello.
"How could you not tell me you slept with Pete?" She almost screamed but contained it, but angrily she tapped her foot impatiently. I was taken aback, when did I sleep with him? Was I drink one night? Did I even go to a party? We've been fair friends talking bringing up small talk about school and the newest sales on books. She really is a nice person but right now I have second thoughts. Rumours spread fast. "I never even slept with him! Nerissa, this isn't kindergarten hearing rumours and assuming it's just that!" My face feels hot and slapped in the face. I walk away instantly about to cry, then she grabs my arm pulling me back. She sighs running a hand through her Lin straight hair, "Look I'm sorry it's just that Melissa blurted around whispering that last night you got a little too crazy with alcohol and slept with him. She even said that you might be having a baby." I shriek with anger at that little bitch! I'm pregnant!? "Are you fucking joking? He never even showed up at my birthday! Actually, he was the one seducing Melissa on her car having standing up sex!" People were starting to stare with confusion then I pulled her into an empty classroom without drawing so much attention. I was so mad I could punch a piece of titanium, denting it. I think I was sweating because wet trickles ran down my face. Nerissa hugged me, me desperately trying to get out all the anger in her shirt, making it all wet with tears. My stomach churned me breathing unevenly, my nose stuffed up and my throat all choky and blemished. She stroked my hair hugging her waist tightly with my weird hiccup noises and the coughing. "I'm not pregnant.. I'm not pregnant." I said over and over again ready to break down and create a swimming pool in here. It was so awkward me the only one making noise in this quiescent, creepy classroom with nothing but stacked up chairs in a corner. "I know now you're not. I know you'd never even touch alcohol and Pete like that."
"Really?"
"Really." Then I remembered something.
"Hey you're a smartass right?" The idea felt so brilliant.
"Yeah I get straight A's, why?"
"Come with me." I had a nice devilish grin wiping my tears away which will end this drama for me. We walk out heading over to my History class specifically wanting to talk to Mrs.Stravotski.
"Hello ladies. What can I do for you?" She smiles with wrinkles showing on her perfectly pimple free face. Mine, ah I don't think so.
"You know that academic class you were referring to like 3 months back." That made her smile an ear to ear grin but kept herself professional.
"Yes I do. What do want to know?" Nerissa still looks confused but when I announce this offer it'll hit her. Eventually.
"This program basically doesn't interact with other students and is in a different system right?"
"Yes.. Well what do you think? Do you want to?" I smile nodding my head.
"Perfect."