Gym Class

Before gym class......

I went to the nurse's room right after the bell rang when I walked out the bathroom. Feeling like my ankle was better and healed I tentatively made my way. First, I asked permission to the nurse and as happy as she was she set me down on the well, I guess, hospital bed (?) and she talked to me about the cast. Nobody signed it. Mental sigh with a mental face palm. Like I said my popularity level is sadly very low. Anyway, she leaned over to check under my thick bandage. She smiled and gave me the thumbs up! I peeked as well leaning over. No more swelling. I was so happy that I was literally shaking my bed. "All right sweetie lets get this bad boy off." She got some scissors and a machine I didn't even recognize. "Your ankle wasn't completely broken honey, it had just a slight crack when you put all your weight on it during that game of dodgeball." It wasn't even that bad or painful. The gauze wrapped around my hair comes off as well. Now it has a weird red splotchy circle on my forehead but hey at least it's off and it gets some air. I was seriously having a party in my head. For the past few days I've been wondering how to take a shower. I was so excited! Her hands were non shaky but we're incredibly calm and using the machine to take it off since it was so thick. As I lay there, which was about 15 min, her sweet vanilla cream was radiating off her smooth dark skin. As soon as she cut the very end of the bandage, she quickly x-rayed to double check that my bone was fully healed. After our goodbyes and hugs, I ran while laughing with my hands in the air. No more shitty crutches that stab my armpits every time I pull on it. The nurse just howled with more like a cough and a chuckled mixture. I go over to my locker and spin the arrow to get the combination. I just was having the best day on the planet!

After gym class....

I can't believe it." I whispered so quietly that nobody beside me could hear. We got our History test back after gym because apparently we have two periods with her every Monday. "Wow!" On the thick booklet is a 124/124 written on the right hand corner of the page, messed up like. This is a great day, well besides the spit balls from Pete's friends and him. Crutches are gone, ankle all healed and a good grade in an exam. As well with no passing out with gauze wrapped around my head anymore! This is good stuff. Mrs Stavotski looks in my direction and winks. Ah, I feel great. "Wow, damn babe nice job." I turn around to see Pete hovering over me like a vampire about to take me in his arms and fly away. I have a pretty messed up brain right now. "Uh, I thought Caley was your babe, not me." I figured what he was doing. He's going to be all flirty with me and I'm going to fall for him! How dare he? I didn't have time to think, so I kneed him. Literally. In the I think thigh. Oh shit. I'm dead I'm dead I'm dead. "What the fuck Casey?" He gives those cold hard eyes and I look away. Jake comes over with some other people so it made this scenario a big circle. Good job embarrassing yourself, Casey. Not only Pete but the whole school is going to throttle me when they find out. Pete hovers over and awkwardly dismisses him with his hand. If this wasn't a serious injury is just laugh in his face. I thought it was kind of funny to see him dismissing one of his best friends while keeping a hold of his pain. "Rrrriiiiiinnnnnnggggg!" The bells roar, I just run. "Hey get back here! I'm not done with you yet!" Pete screeches with real furious anger. Free from those crutches alas, I sprint over to the car and dial Alexa ASAP! From the corner of my eye, Pete cranes his neck and spots me in the car. Oh god, kill me now! I slide down my seat until I sit in front of my chair. After 3 rings she picks up, "Hello?" She talks giddy. "Hurry up and get in the damn car!" I start to hyperventilate. I throw my backpack on the passenger seat. He comes closer and closer. "I'll be out in the back, just meet me ASAP." As this was a secretive mission she replies, "I'm on my way, agent Lex is out." She hangs up. I hop on my seat, and go into reverse. Rocks crumbling beneath me, I drive in a semicircle until I reach the teachers' parking lot. 5 min passed, I see Alexa and Lindsey kissing one another on each cheek. What? She jumps off the first step and runs to the car. Pete catches up to me in his fancy black SUV. Mines a beat up Toyota. "Hurry, hurry your Prince Charming crush is about to murder me to death!" I roll up my windows and pull out my shades. "Okay!" She starts to hyperventilate as well. Removing my backpack and throwing it in the back she sits. I could tell when she hyperventilates. Her hands shake while fastening her seatbelt. We drive out as fast as we could. Whining Lex cries, "Can we please put on the radio?"
"Whatever." I look in the rear view mirror and Pete's gang is out of sight. Jake was in the passenger seat, and a bunch of his other man friends were in the back. Sighing with relief mixed with happiness I click the button for the radio.
"I know you want it, BANG BANG!" The car starts vibrating with the music since it was turned all the way up. Clapping her hands like a 6 year old, Alexa sings with good old Nicki. I mental face palm since I keep my hands on the road. Stopping at the red light, I look to my right to see the beautiful sunset-
Wait. What the hell?!
"Hey Casey? Remember me?" Pete smiles but it turns into the scariest rape face I have ever seen. Shit.

Hey guys! I hope you understand this part of the update. She basically walks out the bathroom after the bell rings and she goes to the nurses. Sorry if I confused you in the previous update! I love all you guys for reading my book so cyber hug. Thanks and I'll update soon! <4
-Fatima R.