Gym Class

For this girl I pretty much expected a mansion. Like a huge mansion with French double doors and crystal chandeliers. Her outfit basically showed she was fully loaded. Look, judging a book by its cover is a really abominable thing to do but even at work she had her hair perfectly straightened with a beautiful Michael Kors watch. After school, we headed over to the parking lot promenading towards a muddy red Pontiac. She opens the door revealing an eery squeak which made me shiver with uncomfortableness. "Sorry, Casey." Nerissa muttered moving away from the door to let me in. I quickly thank her resting my neck against the seat. "Ready to go?" She speaks nervously setting the car in gear. I nod looking out the window clutching onto my backpack until it hurts from clutching too hard. Nerve wracking as it seems, along with a bunch of awkwardness, she seems to go light with conversation, "Have you seen the world's scariest haunted house?!" Excited she was holding onto the steering wheel, grippingly. "Oh yeah! The condom used hallway was so gross! Ugh it drives me nuts." I shake my head getting rid of the image but she continues heartily laughing. "Oh the guy forcing you to get the key from the toilet? I'd never do that in a million years. I'm a total germophobe." I was a germophobe. She's a germophobe. This could work out. Alexa and I would look at passages about some people experiencing the haunted house for the first time and we'd laugh and throw jokes around about the creepy actors doing all the grotesque activities. As I was going to say something, the car stopped at a driveway which meant we were here. I walk out smelling smoke from a far away distance but unfortunately Nerissa wasn't on the same page. It was a mobile home not that I'd had a problem with these type of houses. The curtains inside were a cheerful yellow and the lawn beautifully planted with pinks and reds popping from the dirt. It was just a plain white home but as I can tell from the curtains, it most certainly wasn't plain on the inside. It matters what's on the inside. We take our shoes off placing them on a cute welcome mat placed at the doorstep to the adorable little house. She fumbled with her keys but I saw something hung on her keychain which brought me to curiosity. I ask her nervously also fumbling with my fingers but she starts taking it off before I can say any more. She nods smiling at the charm or so I called it. It was a small little phone keychain with the letters best. Oh. I've seen these things everywhere on things like pillows, shirts, even jewelry. "Who has the friend one?" I cross-examine looking at her now but she shook her head smiling again but sadly. "My mum died when I was six so I placed the friend one, as you call it, into the palm of her dead hand before burial." I felt so bad but before I could speak, she ended the conversation putting her hand in front of her. "It's okay. Let's go inside shall we?" I signed agreeing but mentally noting to ask later. The smell of Febreze drifted under my nose smelling like lilac, so commendable. Her couches were grey but with vibrant pastel throw decorative pillows placed messily along the couch. I never knew she was interested in photography but hey I don't even know her that well, actually at all. Pictures of her family, close ups, and her mother in general were lined upon the walls evenly. Not a single frame was crooked or slanted; perfect. As we go through the hallway or as I liked to put it as memory lane, the first door to the left was her room. It all sort of shocked me just a bit. The white twin sized bed was placed in the very corner of her room along with a pretty black flowered comforter to match it. She had a lot of throw pillows on the ground it was hard to walk freely around. But that didn't shock me at all. The amount of books she collected was flabbergasting. Not just a little portion of her wall was nailed in as a bookshelf. All four sides of her walls were nailed with shelves from top to bottom. Just books nothing else. I was looking at each book with awe so surprised she wasn't those girly girls which I was glad she wasn't going to blab on and on about makeup and push up bras. Spinning around in circles I felt a little silly just laughing without reason. It was a beautiful room. But as I tried to look for a dresser, nightstand, desk my eyes had failed searching. Then out of the corner of my eye, Nerissa sat down on her bed running her sweaty palms up and down her dress as she's trying to stop them from trembling. I was so confused in that she was actually scared to tell me that she had the greatest collection of literature anyone could own. "What's the matter?" I sit down beside her still confused on why she was wearing expensive apparel when she didn't even live in a place so big. "The truth is, I live a really harsh life." I wait for to continue but then she gets comfortable digging her head into the bunch of pillows. I lay beside her but she nods allowing me even though I did. "Dad's an alcoholic ever since Mom died, don't even know where he is half the time, I have to work to get all of our needs I work three jobs. I know it isn't possible but I get babysitting done, Dairy Queen and cleaning houses." Her shoulders start to shake showing that she was crying from stress. Why does my life have to involve crying at least once a day. Lately, I have been crying every. Single. Day. I could tell Nerissa has been going through a lot of stress. She buys everything on her own and if her mom was still living, she'd be happy with nothing like the bills to worry about. "This is not how my afternoon was planned." She mumbled wiping away the tears, putting on a fake smile masking the hurt behind. "The truth is Casey, I want to be your friend. It seems weird that we just met but I've dated Pete before. I feel like it's right to tell you what he did." I nod slowly absorbing the words she was saying to me so I wouldn't confuse myself. She then starts, "Pete and I have been going out last year for about 9 months but I broke it off. He drank, acting innocent in public." I get frustrated with that but I do not interrupt, she was fidgeting with her fingers as a usual habit. "I was mad because in public he totally forgot who I was because I was little miss dork." I was angry at her. Really angry at her. I stand walking towards the door twisting the knob and heading out the front door. "Casey wait!" She screams but I ignore her walking away to go privately call up my sister to pick me up. I text her the address and I wait until I felt a little tug on my arm. I look at her lightly freckled face. She was pretty enough with soft facial features and her hair the same colour as mine. "I'll see you later Nerissa thanks but u have to go." By then Caley appeared just in time leaving Nerissa to her thoughts. It was starting to snow harder now but she stood there bare foot with a dress on. As her figure started to disappear, I sigh bringing a hand through my wavy hair causing me to get irritated because I needed a shower and I good head start on my studying. Caley's soft warm hand squeezing mine was the last thing I felt as I drifted off into a dream.

Hey guys! Sorry this was a crappy update but I will do better I promise. Read my previous updates and what the hell guys! 1.85k? Holy shit thanks so much I love you so much like really not sounding cheesy at the moment. I'm so glad to almost reaching this goal and I think I'm going to cry. Every time I log onto Wattpad, there's always a change in the reads. I love you to an infinite and beyond like seriously. Thanks and cyber hug! Comment and vote as well. Thanks to Shawn Mendes for the inspirational song of Something Big.
Fatima <4