Gym Class

"Oh sweetie what happened? Are you hurt? How did you manage to drive? What happened to your ankle? Head? How did this happened? How were you treated? How long were you unconscious for? Did Alexa take care of you? Did Caley even find out?" All these questions kept spilling out from her mouth I didn't know which one to answer first. Then it came to me! I forgot about Alexa! Oh my gosh she'll be so pissed if I left her there. I'll just tell her mom needed help cleaning again, so I needed to be there ASAP. There problem solved.
"He did it." I said pointing my finger across from my mom's face but to that Devil's wide eyed face.
"Oh don't be silly! Pete is such a gentleman you don't even know." She bellowed out with laughter like she totally forgotten about my accident. Caley gave me a serious pointed look and mouthed the word living room. I don't care if she's older than me! It's 2:34 seconds!
"May you please excuse us for a minute? I just have to ask poor Casey about her incident in private."
"Yeah babe go ahead, I don't mind." As we started walking out the kitchen, Pete smiled a mischievous grin and gave me a wink. I rolled my eyes, stared forward, and hopped over to the living room where we made sure to keep our voices down.
"Are you okay?"
"Does it look like I'm okay?"
"Okay, I'm sorry for being selfish, I should have told you but you should be easy on Pete. He probably did it by accident."
I grunted but agreed. There's no need to argue right now and I was starving too. The smell of pot roast and mash potato really caught me off guard.
"Okay but please keep an eye out for me?"
"Of course, jerk face. That's what sisters are for." She pulled me in for a hug. I groaned at how painful this is feeling with the crutches stabbing all the way up my armpit and my head spinning. But this was sort of nice, I had to admit.
"I think I'm just going to go to my room and eat, would you mind holding my food?"
"Yeah but please be careful."
"Okay."
I sort of kneel on the stairs and make my way up. Feeling proud I grab my crutches when I get to the top, and plop it back in my armpits. Closing the door, I give out a sigh of relief. Finally the peace. I hop over and place my crutches against my big bookshelf beside my bed. Carefully, I lay and stare at the ceiling. Feeling the urge, I pull my iPhone from my butt pocket and dial Alexa's number. Man this will be hard.
"Where the hell are you Case?" She's still at school? Oh, right. I always drive her since she never got her license because she freaks when the wheel touches the road. One time, we were driving to the mall on Friday like we always do and once we argued over something about driving and we argued about it that Lex said to drive over to a person and ask them to make sure the answer was right. I won, obviously. I know we're such dorks but don't judge.
"Umm, I was mad at Pete because he said him and Cales were dating so-"
"Wait they're dating now?
"Yeah." I rub my arm awkwardly.
"That must be awkward man I mean the man you hate is dating your twin."
"Mmhmm." I didn't know what else to say. "Hey I'll tell Caley to come and pick you up, you can sleepover. It's a Friday by the way." I thought it was a good idea. She can be there when I feel lonely and reduce the amount of pain.
"Okay! I can take care of you and reduce the amount of pain you're feeling." I gave a short laugh. She read my mind word for word.
"Okay, I have to eat bye!"
"Bye!" She laughed giddily and hung up. Without anything else to do I search up what universities I want to attend. Well, first I texted Caley. Yes. Harvard. It has been the only university I wanted to go to since I was 10. Ever since I focused on my grades and being desperate ever since. I sigh. It's so big. Even from my little tiny phone screen it's perfect. I forgot to mention that I have a wall filled with Harvard pictures and Mom's diploma from Harvard. That's right, she's educated. I scoop mash potatoes in my mouth and a big chunk of roast. I have to say, that's the only good thing that I actually felt in the last week. I finish up dinner, put the plate on my nightstand and wait. For my best friend who I can tell anything to. She keeps all my secrets and I keep all hers.
"Case?" All of the emotions I dealt with, all I could do is smile.