twenty seven

Doctor Burnston walks into the room Zoe and Brayson shared, closing the door quietly. When she turns back to the other two, she lets out the breath she has been holding in.

"Brayson, you're probably wondering why I chose to be your doctor," The woman starts, and Brayson nods.

"Well, I know that you just want to stay with Zoe and since she can't leave you readmitted yourself to the ward," Doctor Burnston sneaks a look at the messy-haired girl sitting on her bed looking rather uncomfortable . "I want to you to know that I will not be doing any tests on you. Think of this as a hotel room for you, rather than some dusty cell in a psych ward, okay?"

Although Brayson doesn't know how to feel about the whole thing, you could tell from a mile away how glowing Zoe was. She never wanted to cause any pain for him, but now he didn't have to go through what she has no option but to go through and that was all she could've dreamed of.

Brayson's mouth opens and closes like a fish out of water, so Zoe took on the roll of thanking her for him.

"Thank you. I never wanted Brayson to go through any unnecessary pain. This means a lot." Zoe smiles graciously and Doctor Burnston returns it with an appreciative nod.

"Alright you two, head down to the cafeteria or something, go have as much fun as you could have in this place." The doctor laughs before leaving the room swiftly.

Brayson turns to Zoe, his mouth still agape. "Isn't that against some rule or something?" He asks, clearly confused at how the doctor can actually do that.

Zoe lifts herself off of her bed and runs over to Brayson's bed where he sat, attacking him in a huge hug.

Brayson can't help but laugh at her sudden actions as they both fell back.

"Stop questioning it you idiot just be grateful!" Zoe whisper-yells in his ear as she laid on top of him, happily hugging him close to her.

"You know you are twenty two right, you could've just bought your own house or something," Zoe adds in as an after-thought and Brayson tickled her sides shortly.

"Stop questioning you idiot and just be grateful!" Brayson mimicks her and they both erupt into a fit of giggles, laying there happily.