twenty four

Brayson's emotions while signing those papers were indescribable. He has no idea what to think. One thing he knows for sure is that he would get another chance to stay with Zoe, and that was all he needs to know to press the pen to the paper, scribbling down his signature.

"Bray? Hey, are you okay?" The nickname Zoe has given Brayson made his heart flutter.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"No, no you are not. The scale goes from great, to good, to okay, to not okay, to terrible, to I'm fine. Trust me, I would know." Zoe explains, all in one breath.

"You don't have to do this if you don't want to." She adds, sending a sympathetic smile his way.

"No, no. I want to do this, there is nothing stopping me." It sounds like he was convincing himself more rather than reassuring Zoe.

Zoe nods and takes a step back, allowing Brayson full access to the desk where he has to submit his forms.

The desk clerk looks up at him expectantly.

"Uh, here are the papers. I would like to readmit myself to the psych ward." Brayson's words are shaky and they sound uncertain, which makes Zoe flinch a bit.

She doesn't want this for the poor boy, he still has a life to live; and an option, nonetheless. But she knows she cannot stop him and she fears if she tries again he'll feel like he is being rejected, which is not the case at all. It hurts Zoe to watch him give himself up to another undetermined amount of time of pain, but she knows he needs to make his own decision.

Zoe just now realizes that she in fact has always had a sweet spot for the boy, ever since he stepped foot in her cell or she wouldn't of spoken to him in the first place. But now, oh god, now she thinks back to the butterflies she gets in her stomach when his skin touches her, not to mention the way his voice could send the craziest wave of chills down her spine. She has lived enough life to realize she has quite quickly caught feelings for Brayson- the way he smiles, and the way he laughs, his freckles and his deep brown hair.

She realizes that she likes the boy. The 22 year old kind-hearted boy who will probably never like her back.