twenty three

Brayson isn't allowed to stay in the cells now that he has been 'released'.

"Come on, it will help both of us! Just let me stay in the cells for a little bit!" He argues, but the desk clerk only shook her head.

"I'm sorry Mr. Jones, but you may only be allowed to stay in our residential suites that are typically for family members of current patients. I'm sorry, I wish I could help." She smiles sadly as her gaze locks on the Zoe and Brayson's intertwined fingers.

Noticing her actions, Zoe gives Brayson's hand a swift squeeze.

"Look," He leans closer to desk clerk, and Zoe can't quite make out what they're discussing.

When Brayson suddenly pulls her to the reception desk and asks the clerk there for a self-sign in paper, Zoe knows what he is going to do, and she can't let him.

She pulls him away abruptly.

"Zoe, what are you doing?" He whisper-shouts at her.

"No, what are you doing?! You are not going to admit yourself to the psych ward just because you want to stay in the same cell as me! This is your worst nightmare, dammit! You do not want to be here willingly." Zoe rants, not understanding why he is doing this.

Staying in the same cell as me is not worth all of the pain of the tests, injections and lack of freedom that comes with it, Zoe thinks.

"You don't understand, Zee." Brayson shakes his head. Even though she is beyond confused, the new nickname makes her heart swell. //A/N I did not make a typo. Her nickname is Zee and that's how you spell it. Wanted to just clarify there. and omg the nicknames and holding hands it's so cute my own characters are killing me jeez\\

"You are exactly right! I don't understand because this is a stupid idea!" Zoe continues.

"I was supposed to be released today, but my mom didn't show up so all I really want is to be with the person I care for the most is- that too much to ask?" Brayson lets out a huff and runs his large hand over his face.

Zoe's face softens and she copies Brayson's actions by sweeping her hand across her tired face.

"I'm sorry." She whispers and Brayson lets out a sad smile. "Me too."

Brayson then leads her back to the reception desk and gathers the papers in his hands.

"I want to do this, Zee. I want to be with you." Although Zoe takes it as just being in the same cell as her, Brayson wants so much more than to just be in the same place as her.