Chapter 14

Juliana's POV

I really didn't want to leave Ashton alone with Flora because I know how harsh she can be and I know he won't handle it very well. She doesn't hold back and I know that it's probably going to end in screaming and they'll hate each other, and that is definitely something that I don't need in my life. I can't believe that I kissed him like that in front of her either. I mean I've never kissed him like. It was sweet and warm but it was also passionate and lustful and most of all it felt totally and completely right. I know what I want and what I want his him, but the question is does Ashton want me the same way?

***

It's been about 20 minutes since I came up here and I'm starting to get impatient. I've kept a close ear on Ash and Flora and surprisingly enough there wasn't any yelling. I walk over to the window for what feels the thousandth time and of course nothing has changed. Flora is still standing in front of Ash with her arms crossed and he's just standing there listening to her. I finally decide to give up on the window and walk over to the cabinet where Aston keeps the blankets. I start to go through them just because I'm that bored. I find a pack of his cigarettes with a lighter, and I decided try one. I've watched Ashton do this a hundred timed before. He makes it look so easy, so I open the pack of Malbro's and pull out a single cigarette. I place the reddish brown end between my lips, flick the lighter to life, and bring it to the other end. When fire meets cigarette I inhale but choke right away.

"What do you think you're doing?" Ashton's voice startles me.

"Holy crap are you trying to give me a heart attack?"

"Sorry, sorry but seriously Jay you don't want that." He points at the lit cigarette in my hand.

"Don't call me Jay." I say through gritted teeth.

"Flora said it was your nickname though."

"Yeah and I hate it. Why do you think I never mentioned it? I dodn't want you to know it."

"Oh ok I won't call you that ever again I promise. Now hand it over."

He holds out his hand and I hand over the cigarette. He takes a long drag and then tamps it out on the bottom of his boot. He reaches into his coat pocket and pulls out a pack of gum.

"Want a piece?"

"Sure." I go to grab the pack from Ashton but he stops me.

"Oh no you can't get it like that." He winks as he puts and unwrapped piece of gum between his teeth.

"Oh really then I guess I don't want a piece that bad." He plays hurt and gives me those puppy dog eyes.

"Oh alright you win!" I kiss him taking the gum as I do, but something just doesn't feel right.

"Ashton what did she say to you?"

"She basically told me that if I can't be honest with you then I should leave you alone and let you get on with your life."

"Really?" My heat sinks. This is it he's going to leave me. I can't hold back the tears that spill over.

"Hey hey hey why are you crying?"

"B-because you're going to leave." I hiccup.

"Juliana if you think I am going to listen to her you're completely insane, but she has a point I do need to be honest with you."

"What do you mean?"

"There are things you don't know about me that you should and I'm surprised the locals haven't said anything to you yet." He says as he wipes away my tears.