Chapter 10

Michael's POV

Juliana looks beautiful words can't even describe her.

"Wow Juliana you look..."

"Like a girl?" She interrupts me laughing.

"Well yes, but I was going to say beautiful."

"Thanks Mikey." She says playing with her choker.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, but I think you have the right to know..."

"Know what?"

"Ashton wants to 'pay you a little visit' and by that he means kill you."

"Wellhe hasb't said a word to me, and when I saw him earlier he pretended like I didn't exist."

"Wait what?" She looks at me from the passenger seat of my mother's car.

"He was in the flower shop when I went to pick up your corsage."

"What the hell was he doing there?"

"Beats the hell out of me to be honest."

She's silent for a long time.

"What are you doing?" I finally ask her because she hasn't taken her eyes off her phone.

"Texting him."

"Is he actually answering you?"

"No, no he isn't." She's annoyed.

"You two fought didn't you."

"Yeah, and it was so bad that we actually got kicked out of the library."

"Seriously? Was all of this just because I'm taking you tonight?" I feel awful.

"Sort of, but Michael that doesn't matter. I refuse to let him hurt you just because you're trying to be a good friend to me."

"Juliana let's just go have fun tonight. Don't worry about him." I pull into the school lot.

"Ok, ok let's go." She smiles.

*******************************************************************

Ashton's POV

I've never seen Juliana get angry until yesterday afternoon. She told me if I even thought about laying a finger on Michael I'd be dead. Was I scared of her? Not even a little.

I check my phone and I have three unread messages from her.

'R u following Mikey?'

***

'Y were u at the flower shop?'

***

'Damn it Ash answer me!'

I don't answer them as I watch Juliana get out of his car, and his arm instantly snakes around her waist. I want to rip it off. Calming myself down I adjust my tie and get off my bike.

"Irwin I cannot believe you are doing this." I say as I walk towards the gym.

*************************************************************************************

Juliana's POV

It's been about 20 minutes since the dance started and I was having a blast. I was glad I came with Mikey instead of not at all, and I won't lie I was missing Ashton just a little bit.

"Juliana may I have this dance?"Michael laughs offering me his hand.

"Why of course you can." I laugh and take his hand. I notice that Bless the Broken Road by Rascal Flatts is playing, one of my favorites.