Chapter 9

Michael's POV

I can't believe she asked me to cover for her! I mean sure I don't really mind doing it. It's just the fact that she was with him. I don't trust him, and I'm afraid Juliana is going to get hurt. I care about her she's my best friend, and he's a scum bag who doesn't deserve her. He's been like this for as long as I can remember, and he only cares about one thing. Himself.

I hear a bike roar outside my window so I open the blinds, and there's Juliana getting off Ashton's bike. They kiss before he puts on his helmet, and I feel a strange twist in the pit of my stomach. Ignoring this I go answer the door.

"Here we go Michael. Are you ready for this?" I ask aloud before swinging the front door open.

***********************************************************************************************************************

Juliana's POV

It took Michael a little while to open the door. I'm not going to lie I do feel kind of bad for using him like that last night.

"Hey!" He answers the door.

"Hey Mikey! Thanks for covering I really do appreciate it." I say as I walk into his house. In no time at all I am greeted by a large pink tongue to my face. "Hello Freder I missed you too." I say to Michael's standard poodle.

"Sorry about that he just really seems to like you."

"No no it's fine. Is your mom home?"

"No she just left a little while ago." We walk into his room and just like always I'm amazed at the number of guitars this boy actually has it truly is incredible.I also notice that he has re-dyed his hair.

"You know you're hair is going to fall out if you don't stop dying it." I laugh pulling at the now blue strands of hair on his head.

"Oh shut up I'm punk rock I do what I want. Now how did last night go?"

"Fine."

"Just fine?" He's tuning one fo his guitars.

"I'm sure you don't want to know."

"Juliana all night? Really?"

"What are you even talking about?"

"Oh come on don't bullshit a bullshitter!" He laughs.

"Fine yes really all night."

"Gross!!! Did you ask him?"

"It is not gross it's wonderful! And ask him what?" I start picking at the strings on my jeanas.

"He said no."

"No..."

"He said yes?" He stops tuning and looks at me in shock.

"No..."

"Sooooo you didn't ask him?"

"Oh no I asked him, and he laughed in my face. Then he said he'd "think about it" so I said never mind don't worry about it."

**********************************************************************************************************

Michale's POV

Ihad a feeling this would happen, but I didn't want to be the guy to say I told you so.

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine, guess I'll just go help Taylor pick a dress..." She sounds upset. I couldn't bear looking at her like that.

"Juliana?" I ask.

"Yes Michael?"

"Want to really piss Ashton off?" I say as a cover for the next words out of my mouth.

"What do you mean?" She's interested.

"Go to homecoming with me, no strings attached of course. I can promise you that will definitely get his blood boiling." I say and her mouth drops open.

"I knew there was a reason why we're best friends, you're just as twisted as I am."

************************************************************************************************************

Juliana's POV

We've been to eight different dress stores, eight. I am so over this because it has only been about Taylor this entire time, and she brought Luke so I was naturally the third wheel. Mikey had offered to come along and I really wish I hadn't said no.

"So you're going to home coming with Milkey?" Luke asks as Taylor is trying on yet another dress.

"Yeah but just as friends."

"Then why havent you tried anything on?"

"Taylor's moving way to fast for me to even look at dresses."

"I'll cover for you, go look." Luke says shoving me lightly towards the racks.

"Thanks."

I honestly have no idea what I'm even supposed to be looking for. I've never even worn a dress, and I am completely lost. I know Michael's favorite color is green, but I hate wearing it because it makes me look so much paler than I already am.

"Hey try this one!" Luke comes out of nowhere.

"Jesus Luke are you trying to kill me?" I grab my chest.

"Sorry, sorry. I just saw this while looking with Tay and thought you'd like it."

He holds up a dress that is the color of ballerina slippers and its covered in jewels. At the top they start out really thick but as they go down towads the hem they peter out. It is completely strapless with a sweetheart neckline, and yes I can speak dress. Its all tulle so the skirt is puffy and it looks rather short.

"Pink Luke really?" I ask.

"Don't be a bitch. Go try it on." He throws it at me and we walk to the dressing room.

****************************************************************************************************

Ashton's POV

We're sitting in the library like always and Juliana has her nose burried in a book. When she reads she scrunches up her face and it is adorable.

"Hey babe?"

"Yes?" She looks up at me.

"What are we gonna do tomorrow night?"

"Excuse me?"

"What time am I picking you up, or do you just want to spend tonight and all of tomorrow at the tree house?"

"Tomorrow is homecoming." She states closing her book.

"Yes I know this, but we aren't going remember?"

"You mean you aren't going right?"

"No I definitely meant we..."

"I'm going..." She shrugs.

"WHAT?! THE HELL YOU ARE!!!"

"There's no need to get angry."

"Who the fuck asked you?" I grab the bridge of my nose.

"Why does it matter?"

"Damn it juliana answer the fucking question!"

"Michael asked me Ashton! Are you happy now?" She hisses back at me.

"Oh really? I think it's about time I pay little Mikey a visit."